Rodrigo Lopez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodrigo Lopez

I was kind of surprised that Carlos Carrasco wasn't brought up to replace the injured Antonio Bastardo in the rotation. I still think Carrasco will be up by the end of July. Management must want to be sure that he has got himself straightend out. He started the season with a "character-building" 0-6, but he's gone 4-1 since then. A few more starts against AAA competition won't hurt.
    Lopez has a 65-65 lifetime record, which is pretty good considering that most of that was accomplished with some bad Baltimore Oriole teams. He hurt his arm early in the 2007 season and his start Vs. the Mets Friday night, 7/3, will be his first major league appearence since then. He had some good years (15-9, 14-9, 15-12) with perennial fourth-place Orioles teams, where any record over .500 had to be considered outstanding.

I was at the game behind home plate and I was surprised at how well he pitched. I think it was something like 7 innings and 2 runs. The Phillies offense provided him with 7 runs within the first 3 innings so obviously that takes some pressure off but he did great.

Comment

Agreed, Rodrigo looked excellent against the Mets. He had a ton of movement on his pitches, and had the Mets guessing all night. If he can be a solid four guy in the rotation, that takes a lot of pressure of Ruben to find a high priced guy in a trade. Especially with Jamie Moyer, and Joe Blanton pitching so well the past few starts. You know Cole will pick it up here eventually, which means we'd really only need a number five guy.
      Let's go Phillies!!

Comment

Good Omen?

Shutting out the Mets for the first six innings he worked in his return to the major leagues after a nearly two years' absence could be a good omen for Lopez and the Phillies.

Comment

Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
          Shutting out the Mets for the first six innings he worked in his return to the major leagues after a nearly two years' absence could be a good omen for Lopez and the Phillies.
          I know Jamie Moyer pitched well last night, but I would feel more comfortable with Rodrigo Lopez in October. Hamels, Blanton, Happ and Lopez.

Comment

Is Lopez getting booted out of the rotation when Martinez is ready though? I think that would be a mistake but he appears to be the odd man out unless its Moyer?

Comment

Originally posted by kiluckzle View Post
              Is Lopez getting booted out of the rotation when Martinez is ready though? I think that would be a mistake but he appears to be the odd man out unless its Moyer?
              Is Pedro even ever going to be ready? Didn't he get pulled early from a minor league start the other day? I'd keep Lopez over Moyer at this point. Moyer is a nice guy and fan favorite, but the bottom line is - who gives you the best chance to win?
              Last edited by Buntforahit; 07-28-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buntforahit View Post
                Is Pedro even ever going to be ready? Didn't he get pulled early from a minor league start the other day? I'd keep Lopez over Moyer at this point. Moyer is a nice guy and fan favorite, but the bottom line is - who gives you the best chance to win?
                He didn't get pulled, the game was rained out in the second inning. He pitched a bull pen session at Lehigh Valley today.
                Let's go Phillies!!

Comment

Originally posted by luvJRoll View Post
                  He didn't get pulled, the game was rained out in the second inning. He pitched a bull pen session at Lehigh Valley today.
                  Thanks. I thought it was due to arm miseries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X