Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Halladay

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4311661

Buster Olney believes the Phillies are the frontrunners for getting Roy Halladay, if the Blue Jays want to give him up. This would certainly help out the pitching problem. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by kiluckzle View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4311661

Buster Olney believes the Phillies are the frontrunners for getting Roy Halladay, if the Blue Jays want to give him up. This would certainly help out the pitching problem. What do you guys think?
    Halladay is not worth giving all the top prospects in the farm system, but if the price isn't too steep..... he sure beats the other often-mentioned alternative - signing Pedro Martinez.

Comment

What do we have to give up to get him? I mean, if they want Utley, Hamels and Howard to get him, the answer is clearly no. If all they want is Eric Bruntlett, the answer is clearly yes. Presumably, the price is somewhere in between, and until someone tells me the price, I cannot respond intelligently.
      Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
      Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
      A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

What exactly can you offer JP to get him out of the AL East and into the NL East?

They reportedly want a SS who's about a year away, an everyday player and a top pitching prospect.
        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Donald's a 2B/3B in the high minors who might fit the infielder demand, and Carrasco or maybe (though probably not) Drabek would fit the pitching prospect. If those two fit, I'd have to think Werth or Mayberry would have to do to make it happen.
          Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
          Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
          A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

I've read how the Jays were interested in J.Donald last season.

Man...I really hope it works out and he's in Philly by the ASG!

--

Good news from Amaro (I hope!):

GM Ruben Amaro Jr. told MLB.com's Todd Zolecki that he has "flexibility" to add a stud pitcher. Though Amaro Jr. spoke only in general terms, the conversation was largely about Halladay.

The Phillies say they won't part with all their prospects, even to acquire the ace the covet. Amaro Jr. said some of his players are untouchable even for the best player in baseball. Jason Knapp and Dominic Brown could be untouchables. As Scott Lauber reports, Charlie Manuel listed Kyle Drabek as an untouchable.
            Last edited by TonyStarks; 07-08-2009, 03:45 PM.
            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

You guys might want to check the quality of what you are smoking. With a year-and-a-half left on his contract you aren't going to get Halladay without ponying up some real talent. Any mediocre offering will be quickly topped by other teams.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Yeah of course. Halladay might be the best pitcher of the game. If you think you get him for a prospect and an utility player you are delusional.

To get him you have to give either:
                -2 or 3 very good prospects
                or an allstar hitter, which means Utley or howard

Below that you won't get him, so one should very careful thinking about if this deal is worth it.
                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X