No announcement yet.

Is Buster Olney Serious?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ruben has learned under Gillick that patience is crucial to everything you do as a gm, but also sometimes the best move is no move.

The Jays would probably want to move Halladay sooner rather than later because of other veteran players they could trade as well, so the pressure will be applied to the Jays more and more each day.

Comment

The only thing I fear is that Ruben may end up biding against himself.
      See ball, hit ball.

Comment

I'm all in. Give me that Roy in my roytation.
        "Chicks love me."
        -Pat Burrell

Comment

Dan Haren anyone?? (assuming that he becomes available)
          See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
            This is an excerpt from his blog:

I'd call the Blue Jays and say, You can't have J.A. Happ, but you can take any other three guys from the A list in our farm system -- Kyle Drabek, Michael Taylor, Jason Donald, whoever -- and one guy from the B list and another from the C list, and let's get this done.

Now I know that Halladay won't come cheap but that's a bit exuberant. No?!

--
            A bit exuberant - YES,YES,YES! Why let the Blue Jays benefit from the years of instruction and hard work that Phillies minor league coaches put in with a bumper crop of excellent prospects. Toromto is simply asking for too much. Don't make the trade, Ruben. (But since he's been accused frequently of doing too little since he took over from Gillick, he probably will.)

Comment

The one thing I dont understand is, Howcome you guys dont want to trade your best pitching prospect but you want the best pitcher on the planet to go there? From where I stand, Draybek, Taylor and Donalds are 3 pieces that have to be included, the rest are just extra's to make the deal "steep" in JP's words

Comment

Look what Oakland got for Holliday, a 3 month rental. That just increased The Doc's value

Comment

The reports I'm seeing say the Jays want both Happ and Drabek plus another OF prospect in the minors. To me, if you've got to have both Drabek and Happ, it's a no go. Substitute Bastardo or Carrasco for one of those two, and I'd consider it.
                  Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
                  Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                  A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X