Pedro Martinez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedro Martinez

Looks like Pedro is a Philly for the rest of the year. I like it. If we get a few good starts out of him, and maybe some good middle relief come playoff time I think it will be worth the mil. Comments?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/
    Let's go Phillies!!

From Todd Zolecki's Twitter page:

Pedro is locked down. One year about $1 million, plus $1.5 million in incentives. News conference tomorrow.
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

It can't hurt, and it might allow them to include Happ in a Halladay trade, so it's a low-risk move that might pay dividends. I'd say it's worth a try.
      Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
      Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
      A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

I don't hold out much hope of this doing anything positive, but Pedro is a gamer and maybe all this rest will have done him some good.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I really don't want them to give up Happ. He's young and, along with Blanton, has been the best and most consistant pitcher in the rotation.

Give up Carrasco, Drabek, and 1-2 other top prospects, but please keep Happ.
          The Tortured Phanatic -- Rants and thoughts from a lifelong Philly sports fan.

Comment

Happ isn't a guy I'd love to lose, but he doesn't have that high 90's heater like Drabek. That means that Drabek has the higher potential. Of course, it comes down to whether or not the Phils can meet Toronto's price for Halladay.
            Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
            Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
            A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X