Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlie Manuel Q for Moderator JAlbright!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Manuel Q for Moderator JAlbright!

I just checked your profile out for the first time and I'm wondering, with your research on Japanese baseball, what have you found about Charlie Manuel the player?

Here are his Japanese career stats and here's a short discussion of his career in Japan. He played for two notable Japanese managers, Tatsuro Hirooka and Yukio Nishimoto. Is there something else you want to know?
    Last edited by jalbright; 07-30-2009, 05:45 PM.
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

quote:he "was an American original--a fun-loving free spirit who could drink all night and still play hard the next day.

That's our Chollie !!!!
      sigpic"I'm flattered that so many baseball people think I'm a Hall of Famer. But what's hard to believe is how one-hundred and fifty plus people have changed their minds about me since I became eligible, because I haven't had a base hit since then." - Richie Ashburn

Comment

Mostly I wanted to know if it was true that he got hit in the face by a pitch and came back the next day and played with a broken jaw?

Comment

Not the next day. Read the piece I gave the link to. It was an awful beaning, Charlie requiring metal plates to hold everything together. When he was released from the hospital, his doctor told him not to play, but Charlie did, the very next day.
          Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
          Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
          A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Yeah, I read what you posted. Thanks for the help. I had been hearing about that incident for years but I never really found too much about it other than people speaking about it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X