Sal Fasano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sal Fasano

What's up with this guy? His stats look like the Clay Dalrymple,Mike Ryan days.

Just another backup catcher who can't hit. He had a nice year in Baltimore last year in very limited duty. Hits an occasional HR, but his K/BB ratio is 4 to 1.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

He reminds me of Haywood (Pete Vuckovich) from Major League - "...led the league last year in every major offensive category, including nose hair..."

Gott admit, the Sal's Pals fan club is pretty darn funny looking..
      I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

First off Sal is the man- He is a total beast

But what i find funny is how fasano as a player isnt half as good as lieby(thats not a compliment to lieberthal) Yet he still has more fans then mike lieberthal will ever have in his life.
        "I had a good look at the first pitch I ever saw from Drysdale. If I had not ducked, it would have hit my right between the eyes."

Comment

one thing i love about philly is the fans favourites...the wolfpack are cool and sals army all dressed with the wigs and fake moustaches are hilarious...
          wrigley field...good for what ails ya

Comment

Sal Fasano

I watched Sal last year with the O's and he does grow on you. He plays hard and hates it when he fails. He hit .250 in 160 AB's with 3 doubles,11 homers and 20 RBI's(!). If a pitcher throws it to an exact spot,Sal will take it out.He didn't have that kind of fan club here.
            Mike Ryan would be thrilled that someone remembers him!

Mike Ryan(1969) 132 Games

447 AB's 17 doubles,2 triples,12 Homers 44 RBI's .204 Ave.

Comment

Anyone see Sal give his pals some pizza last night? Those guys are the best.

Comment

I think it is official; Sal Fasano is the most loved backup in the major leagues.
                "I had a good look at the first pitch I ever saw from Drysdale. If I had not ducked, it would have hit my right between the eyes."

Comment

Fasano

I'm glad for him.If you look at his career,he's worked very hard to get a chance to stay up for entire seasons. I think I heard on an O's broadcast last year that he and his wife had a baby . I hope he's got enough time in for the MLB pension. A good backup catcher is important.Look at Todd Pratt's career.

Originally posted by philsphan
                  I think it is official; Sal Fasano is the most loved backup in the major leagues.

Comment

He is like Tomas Perez, a very friendly guy who teammates love

I was sad that Perez left as were the players...but I am glad Tomas gets to play alot more in Tampa Bay...he even made a highlight play a couple of days ago

Comment

Wasnt a big Perez fan for some reason... but Sal, I enjoy having him on the team and seeing him with that, I guess its a foo-man Chu.

Comment

Sal buying pizza set a new standard for fan appreciation. Unfortunately for the rest ot the players, it took a backup probably making league miniumum to show them how its done. Look forward to the pest of the bench to follow suit: J-roll's bakery crew to get some Amoroso rolls, and the Burrell's babes section to be passed up a gross of morning-after pills.
                        I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

oo, I'd take Sallie back in a heartbeat as backup! I loved the guy...no one plays as hard. And, when you need (I mean really need a hit) he's there.

What a guy. He's not the best....but he has a lot of heart.
                          Orioles: Once fine organization, being run into the ground by Peter Angelos.

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato
                            He is like Tomas Perez, a very friendly guy who teammates love

I was sad that Perez left as were the players...but I am glad Tomas gets to play alot more in Tampa Bay...he even made a highlight play a couple of days ago
                            Originally posted by Androctus
                            Sal buying pizza set a new standard for fan appreciation
                            hey maybe sal will start pizzaing people like perez with the pies

Comment

Start this man everyday, go Sal!
                              Last edited by W_Marone; 04-25-2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X