• Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSeEw...h=sal%20fasano

Yep.

I still love you though Sal.
    Go Phils.

Comment

Originally posted by cubbieuk
      one thing i love about philly is the fans favourites...the wolfpack are cool and sals army all dressed with the wigs and fake moustaches are hilarious...
      Ya they always have a group for each player i remember they used to have Burrels Girls.

Comment

Sal signed with the Yankees,who DFA'd Kelly Stinnett to make room for him. The Phils received minor league infielder,Hector Made,in return. He's back in the bigs!
        Last edited by JohnGelnarFan; 07-26-2006, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Happy for Sal that he goes to the Yankess, but has to cut his haior and shave the satche

Thing is the Phils weren't expecting Coste to come up big (although WE all knew in ST, Coste should have made the team and we should have traded Lieberthal)

Then we have Ruiz, who I am not high on...the guy isn't too bright in baseball terms....and is basically a backup in the making

Now just imaging having Estrada? *sigh*

Comment

Coste is doing pretty well, and honestly in retrospect it was the right move. The only option would be keeping Fasano as a backup but I wouldn't do that with Lieby coming off the DL. Sure he was and probably will be loved in Phila, but it's one of few smart managerial moves on the part of the Phillies.

Comment

I have a great Idea, get rid of Leiberthal and keep Coste and Fasano.

Comment

Fasano doesn't put up as good numbers as Lieberthal, and it's not worth keeping him just because some wacko's in section 304 like him. Do what's best for the team to win. Keep Lieberthal, let him go after the season, and seek a long term replacement. I'd recommend looking to ATL who have one of my personal favorites, Brian McCann, and one of my personal faves as far as minor league players go, Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Comment

Coste is putting up numbers better than Lieberthal, start him, like I said, get rid of Leiberthal, Fasano as backup. The thing is Lieberthal isnt helping the team win, he has shotty defense, horrific actually, no arm, and he cant hit. How is that helping the team win? The team doesnt need another bat, they can score runs we know that, they need a catcher who can help the struggling staff out. Coste and Fasano are liked by the pitchers where Leiberthal really isnt.
                  Last edited by W_Marone; 08-13-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Lieberthal is the longest tenured Phillie; he's well known and established within the Phillies organization. He provides more experience than Fasano (as far as games played) and puts the Phillies in a better position to win in my opinion. I'm not saying he's the next Johnny Bench but he's their best option to keep for the rest of the season and then jettison.

Comment

In no way think that's correct, how does a catcher that the pitchers dont like pitching with suppose to help a team win, and his batting about .235 right now with what three homeruns? Thats not helping, Coste is hitting over .300 and is hitting a lot better than Lieberthal is. Lieberthal only had one great season, 1999, and since then hasnt been all that great. His tenure with the Phillies have nothing to do with his effectivness, becuase he is a total lack to the Phillies.

Comment

Whoa, I'm not making this a competition between Lieberthal and Coste. My point in keeping Lieberthal is in competition with Fasano, not Coste. I agree with you all along, Coste should be starting, at least if he keeps up the good work. I only stand behind Lieberthal when it comes to Sal Fasano.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X