Jamie Moyer or Kyle Kendrick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Moyer or Kyle Kendrick?

Who do you want to see in the fifth starters role?
    I'd like to see them open the season with Moyer as #5 (He IS pitching well) and Kendrick in the pen. I see no reason to send Kendrick back to the minors and by him being exposed to Roy Halladay, it can only help him. The other players have already taken to calling him "Little Roy" because of the way he's following Halladay around. I think Kendrick has a bright future.
    Obviously, if Moyer falters, Kendrick would assume his role.

Money and experience talk.
    Unless Moyer was to fall flat on his face, He had the edge if both were even. Both have pitched well enough to earn the 5th rotation spot this spring. Kendrick has done what they asked after being sent down, learned a couple pitches to broaden his repertoire, and now learning from Halladay is a bonus.

Moyer pitched well against a Yankees starting lineup yesterday, He'll start the season in the rotation with Kendrick as the long man in the BP. But if Moyer falters, I think there will be a quick Hook and once Kendrick gets the spot, He may hold on to it for long time.

Comment

Well, Now, it's officially Moyer as the #5 Man in the rotation, at least for the start of the season.
      It may develop into a situation like last year however, where Chan Ho Park beat out J.A. Happ in Spring Training. Happ was elevated to the rotation after about seven weeks of play, after being one of the team's most dependable relievers. Park, later performed better out of the 'pen than as a starter and Happ had a terrific rookie year going 12-4 and nearly taking ROY honors.
      Kendrick has a shot at being a real contributor to the Phillies in 2010 both as a reliever and as a starter. Like last year, the "REAL" winner in a position battle often doesn't become apparent by Opening Day.

Comment

I think Jamie Moyer should be the starting pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies. I think he will win 25 games in 2010 for the Phillies.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X