Freddy Sanchez - A bright Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Sanchez - A bright Spot

With this season being incredibly depressing, I thought it would be nice for us to concentrate on one of our few bright spots, Freddy Sanchez.

Coming into this season, Sanchez had amassed 522 AB's and hat hit for a .280 average. This season, he's busted out and is going toe to toe with Nomar for the NL batting title. It sure would help ease the pain if Freddy could bring in that batting title.

If some of the other Pirates fans here would like, we could make this a 'Freddy Sanchez Batting Title Tracker' thread or something to that effect. It could also just be a general thread where we talk about his progress not just at the plate but also in the field.

Either way, this guy is becoming my favourite Bucco, he must be rubbing off on others too.

Feel free to chime in.
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Great job today to save the Bucs from loss 14 in a row. 4 hits today, hopefully he'll keep it up against the Tigersm and get an all star spot!
    LETS GO BUCS!!

Comment

thank you Freddy Sanchez

Freddy Sanchez gave us(TIGERS) an additional 1/2 game up on those white sox, was pulling for the pirates the last 3 games, but not for the next 3 sorry

Comment

that walk off homer against the defending champs should light a fire under our @$$E$. We've proven that even though we got beat by the worst, we can beat the best. I expect the buccos to win at least one game against the Tigers if not more. I'll be there tonight cheering them on. Sanchez might have just given the bucs that push they needed.
        "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

Sanchez has just exploded on the scene this year. There is even a mention of him in an article at The Hardball Times today.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

As soon as I post a thread about him he leaves the lineup with Back Spasms.

The Curse of Ontarioguy

Oh well, atleast I'm preserving that .363 BA of his.

Comment

And now Freddy is in the ASG!!

Comment

Freddy went 6 for 15 (.400) in the series against the Nationals. Meanwhile Nomar has been slumping, things are looking good for Freddy!

Comment

i met him in the 2nd game of the washington series. Got my hat signed and took a few pics of him with my gf (hes the only guy she likes more than meh )
                  "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X