Views on Castillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views on Castillo

Just wandering what people thought of the Bucs second-baseman Jose Castillo. He's obviously made with the glove as he's a regular on Web Jems. He's have a decent season at the plate hitting .273 with 11 long balls and 43 RBI. He should hit at least 20 home runs. If he cuts down on his K's I think he could be a major contributor to the line-up in years to come.

Thing about Jose is that 6 of those dingers came in a 5-game span when he was on a torrid streak, and that streak even had his average up above .300 as well I believe.

SINCE that streak he's been nothing short of HORRIBLE at the plate. It's kind of deceiving because he doesn't have those 0-20 slumps or anything to make his slumps seem really glaring, but his slumps are often though.

His glove is nothing short of spectacular... him and Jack are probably THE best up-the-middle combo in the majors.. BAR NONE! And that's not me being a homer or anything, that view is becoming quite visible in the last two years and is starting to get a little attention on a national level.

I think Jose has a lot of up-side to him... I'm just hoping he starts to realize it and it starts showing up in the boxscores more often.
    Mike Roble
    Pirate Fan Since Birth

Comment

i think he has a TON of potential and talent. He'll develope at the plate probably sometime next season if not at the end of this year.
      "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

If Castillo gives us respectable batting numbers, I'll be happy. His defence increases his value alot, so the batting is just a nice bonus.

Either way, we have a nice Infield coming together and growing up together. An awesome DP combo up the middle and a former SS playing 3rd who looks set to bring home a batting title.

If only we had as many your studs when it comes to our pitching.
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X