PNC Park threatens to leave Pittsburgh unless better team is built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNC Park threatens to leave Pittsburgh unless better team is built

I'm not a Pirates fan, but I figured that you folks might enjoy this article:

Great stuff.
    I will not assimilate into the Angelos Collective. Resistance is not futile.

Funny, yet somewhat sad.
    Pirates Fan Forever!!!!!

Comment

Great satire. It reminds me of the faux newspaper
      article in the National Lampoon about Wiley Coyote
      suing the ACME Company.

Brownie31

Comment

As Depressed as I have been lately this certainly is amusing.

Comment

Have faith

Originally posted by Goooooo
          As Depressed as I have been lately this certainly is amusing.
          Had the good fortune, to catch a game at PNC this year..WOW,
          what a great park..I think probably ,the best new park in the majors..

As much as I like Comerica, PNC is much nicer..and Jim Leyland loves
          it...

as for the bucs..have faith...Maybe Cuban will find a way to buy the team..

keep in mind...Detroit had 12 straight losing seasons...3 seasons ago, we
          were really stanking out...going 43-119...Lord, that was a tough season
          for being a Tigers fan...So if Detroit can eventually rebound...there is
          hope for the Pirates....

Comment

What a Crock !!!
            What is the credibility of this meaningless newspaper ?!?!?!?

Comment

The Onion is just a sports newsletter online gathering stories from various newspapers (like most sites do, even ESPN)

If you see correctly, at the beginning of the article is printed PITTSBURGH- which means it originates from Pittsburgh and that the article was written or based there.

In most situations, this has been extracted from a newspaper article not necessarily in Pittsburgh.

CINCINNATI- The Nationals went on to beat the Reds 4-0 yesterday, Felipe Lopez homered for the Nats and Bill Traber tossed 6 shutout innings...

understand? this article could've come from the Washington Post.
              Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
                The Onion is just a sports newsletter online gathering stories from various newspapers (like most sites do, even ESPN)

If you see correctly, at the beginning of the article is printed PITTSBURGH- which means it originates from Pittsburgh and that the article was written or based there.

In most situations, this has been extracted from a newspaper article not necessarily in Pittsburgh.

CINCINNATI- The Nationals went on to beat the Reds 4-0 yesterday, Felipe Lopez homered for the Nats and Bill Traber tossed 6 shutout innings...

Ok Genious ...

Comment

Originally posted by skeletor
                  Had the good fortune, to catch a game at PNC this year..WOW,
                  what a great park..I think probably ,the best new park in the majors..

As much as I like Comerica, PNC is much nicer..and Jim Leyland loves
                  it...

as for the bucs..have faith...Maybe Cuban will find a way to buy the team..

keep in mind...Detroit had 12 straight losing seasons...3 seasons ago, we
                  were really stanking out...going 43-119...Lord, that was a tough season
                  for being a Tigers fan...So if Detroit can eventually rebound...there is
                  hope for the Pirates....
                  Detriot's a fluke. goes to show you baseball's more about luck than anything else.

Comment

yeah, right

Originally posted by Goooooo
                    Detriot's a fluke. goes to show you baseball's more about luck than anything else.
                    maybe..but probably not..I'll tell you this bucco, you wish the pirates were in a similar bit of flukey luck, if that may be the case...How many seasons have
                    you guys gone with a winning record ? and it doesn't look like it's going to
                    change anytime soon....Jim Tracey, doesn't have the horses, and your GM
                    ain't exactly Branch Rickey....when it comes to making deals..

Add to the mix, you have owners, who probably don't care about the team,
                    ( I hope I am wrong on this ) and rather just take whatever profit and pocket
                    it...and spend 90 million on a ski resort...at least the owner in Detroit, will
                    spent to get results....i.e. FA's, and restocking of our once barren farm
                    system....The future is a lot brighter in Detroit, than it is in Pittsburgh..

However, I'm hoping to see the Pirates turn things around..as Pittsburgh
                    is one heck of a baseball town........Detroit's a fluke ? sounds like
                    sour grapes....in my opinion......

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingofKings
                      Ok Genious ...
                      Genius

Cristobal

Comment

What a Crock !!!
                        What is the credibility of this meaningless newspaper ?!?!?!?
                        Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06

Wow, it seems the humour of the article (and the Onion) is lost on some of our younger members. :noidea
                        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Ok Genious ...
                          He may not be a genius but he does have one thing you don't: A sense of humour.

Did I spell genius correctly? I know one of us didn't.
                          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82
                            Wow, it seems the humour of the article (and the Onion) is lost on some of our younger members. :noidea
                            Not necessarily, just trying to explain the credibility of general articles with the names of cities at the start.

Me, humour, lost, ha!
                            Cristobal

Comment

how did this turn into a credibility issue? Either im a sooper genious or people actually think stadiums can move....Stadiums dont move, silly, people do....
                              "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X