Brad Eldred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Eldred?

What is the status of Brad Eldred? Does he fit into the pirates future? Is his potential now downgraded or does he need a year or two on the varsity so to speak before the pirates can tell if he can help the team or not?

Eldred is another Jeromy Burnitz type. Home Runs, with a low average. Plus he is 27. Not old, yet too old to be a "Prospect"
    Pirates Fan Forever!!!!!

Comment

yes another jeromy burnitz type without the paycheck...i would expect to see him in the starting lineup a bunch next season simply because it would make no sense what so ever...
      "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

If Eldred retains his health and learns to be more selective at the plate he IS going to be our future 1Bman. This is not a debate at all IF the above two requirements are met. Anyone who drives in 50 runs in ONE MONTH is an iconic presence that can have a tremendous impact on a team. true, he has to do this also at the ML level but remember that he did hit 12 HRs in just a handful of ABs last season with the Pirates. Even with all those K's it would have probably translated into 40+ HRs over a full season. If he is healthy and learns patience at the plate, I'm sure he will become a huge positive impact in our batting order.

Comment

holy sh!t this guy is frickin HUGE! i saw him nail one over the heads of many at citizens bank park and i saw him in triple A down in charlotte and the umps lost the ball in the sky and ruled it an HR. He reminds me in stature and how he plays of ADAM DUNN.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X