Roberto Clemente in the batting lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberto Clemente in the batting lineup

I've been looking and looking, but I can't find out whether Clemente batted third or fourth. Is there someone out there who knows?

Thanks,

In 1960, he cut his time between the third and fifth spot, with the majority of games in the fifth spot.

In 1965, he was regularily in the third spot, but, and I could be wrong, I believe he spent most of his career in the third and fourth spots.

Just check the box scores at baseballalmanac.com
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
      In 1960, he cut his time between the third and fifth spot, with the majority of games in the fifth spot.

In 1965, he was regularily in the third spot, but, and I could be wrong, I believe he spent most of his career in the third and fourth spots.

Just check the box scores at baseballalmanac.com
      I'd bet the ranch he hit 3rd and Stargell batted 4th.
      It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Originally posted by 64Cards
        I'd bet the ranch he hit 3rd and Stargell batted 4th.
        I did a quick random sample over the years at www.retrosheet.org, the definitive place to go for box scores.

Indeed, most of the time Clemente was 3rd and Stargell 4th. I did see Clemente batting cleanup and 5th here and there.

Comment

Did he ever bat as the leadoff hitter very often?

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
            Did he ever bat as the leadoff hitter very often?
            He batted leadoff in 166 games, almost all of those during his 1st three years.

Comment

To see the breakdown, go to Clemente's Retrosheet page here -
              http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/C/Pclemr101.htm

In the batting section, click on "Splits" on his career total line, or click here -
              http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/C/Jclemr1010.htm

To see the splits for a single season, go back to his main page and click on "Splits" for the particular year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X