Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were some of the worst Pirate trades in their history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were some of the worst Pirate trades in their history?

The first one I think of is Aramis Ramirez to the Cubs for basically used baseballs if I recall.

Didn't we trade Willie Randolph for Doc Medich? That worked out much better for the Yankees than us.

Moises Alou for Zane Smith wasn't a long-term trade victory either.

Others?

What about Jose Bautista for a player to be named later. (the player later named "Robinzon Díaz")

Trade occurred in August 2008. Bautista became a slugger in 2010. Do you give Pirates a pass because no one knew Bautista would become so good?

Comment

Originally posted by redban View Post
      What about Jose Bautista for a player to be named later. (the player later named "Robinzon Díaz")

Trade occurred in August 2008. Bautista became a slugger in 2010. Do you give Pirates a pass because no one knew Bautista would become so good?
      Definitely a pass. Bautista was 27 and never did anything. Too old for a prospect and hadn't showed skills yet. Nobody could have seen this breakout coming.

I wonder how the archer trade will turn out. Glasnow and meadows looked like failed prospects in Pittsburgh but they had a really good start this year with Tampa. Especially glasnow seems to have overcome his control issues. Archer had a good start this year too.
      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X