Presenting the Pirates All-Time Three Rivers Stadium team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting the Pirates All-Time Three Rivers Stadium team

Greetings everyone. If you're like me, your first taste of watching the Pirates in person was at Three Rivers Stadium. It didn't have the ambience of PNC Park, but what it did have was two World Series champion teams and the decade of the '70s that Pirates fans will never forget. Three Rivers Stadium was home to the Pirates from 1970-2000.
    Here's an article to jog some memories and see whether you agree or disagree on who would make the All-time Pirates Three Rivers Stadium team.
    Presenting the All-time Three Rivers Stadium Pirates team:
    https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.com...970-2000-team/

Most of your choices I can live with. But I have to put Omar Moreno in center because of his speed. Van Slyke was a solid fielder and batter, but Moren's advantage on the base paths makes him the better choice IHMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LarrySC View Post
      Most of your choices I can live with. But I have to put Omar Moreno in center because of his speed. Van Slyke was a solid fielder and batter, but Moren's advantage on the base paths makes him the better choice IHMO.

Omar was a fun guy to watch- speed to burn, prolific base stealer, could really cover the ground in CF. But, he was a .250 hitter who didn't walk a lot, and had almost no power- .090 ISO, I saw both of them a lot. I'd give Omar a small edge in the field, but Van Slyke was very good out there, too- and a far better hitter. It's an easy call for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X