New Closer: Mike Gonzalez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Closer: Mike Gonzalez

Although I am a Cubs fan and I don't like your team, I must say that I am impressed by Mike Gonzalez. I really hadn't seen much of him the past few years at all. Then last season I am watching a game between the Cardinals and Pirates. Pirates bring in Gonzalez to pitch relief. Wow, he was amazing. He just shut down every batter he faced, including Albert Pujols. Made them all look pretty silly and this is the Cardinals we're talking about here. For some stupid reason the Pirates took him out and didn't let him finish the game. Of course because of that they lost. Had they have left him in there, they probably would have shut down the Cards for the rest of the game. This kid is going to be special.
    Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

I agree 100%- he will be special. The only concern I have is, will he be special with the Bucs, or will he be traded? :noidea

I hope he can become the Bucs closer for a while. He has not one but two very, very good pitches: fastball and slider. He has an explosive arm and I expect him to rack up the saves and strikeouts this year and for many years to come.

He kind of reminds me of Billy Wagner- fastball just a bit slower, but has a better slider. Gonzo has been tremenous as a setup man.

Mark

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X