Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravenlord
    replied
    Eldred has at least a whole year of AAA ahead of him before he's ready.

Leave a comment:

• Buczilla
    replied
    Eldred is off to a slow start in Indy. An 0 for 3 game today has brought his average below the Mendoza line. He was sent down to learn to be more patient and thus far he has shown nothing of that nature. HR, BB and K is right on track to where he was last year at Indy....Which got him struck out 40% of the time once he got called up. The HR potential looked nice, but the 221/.279/.458/.737 production was an eye sore.

Leave a comment:

• Solair Wright
    replied
    With Casey out for possibly 2 months, Craig Wilson takes over. Not even 15 games into the season for the Bucs and they lost Sean Casey for possibly around two months, who do they turn to? A natural right fielder and not bother calling anyone up from Triple-A Indianapolis? (hint hint, Brad Eldred) Absurd...

Leave a comment:

• Ravenlord
    replied
    Casey's fractured his lower back so i guess Wilson we'll all the 1B ABs for the next 6-8 weeks.

if you read Littlefield's comments from last winter, all the way back to when Wilson hurt his hand, he wants to trade him because he can't run.

i'm of the opinion Craig Wilson had to steal Littlefield's girflfriend...i mean, he's twice hired Randall Simon to steal ABs from him.

Leave a comment:

• Goooooo
    replied
    he's playing very good ball.

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    Unless the Bucs are concerned about Wilson standing up to rigors of full season duty there was nothing sensible about hiring Burnitz. Jeromy has had a respectable career, but at 37 he is looking like he is ready to fall off the table. He hasn't had a good season since 2001 other than the one he spent at Planet Coors.

Leave a comment:

• Bucco Fanatic
    replied
    im very impressed with his playing right now. Another bat that im quite surprised by at this point is Jack Wilson. He's always been a good glove but dang, hes just sluggin then left and right.

Leave a comment:

• Buczilla
    replied
    And to complicate the matters even more, Brad Eldred looks to be cast from the same mold that Burnitz and Wilson were(as a hitter). Burnitz is definately the odd man out. IMHO, he is this years sign and trade participant. That was the first thing that came to mind after we had signed him. I don't see them dealing Wilson now that he is showing that he still has the ability to swing with power. I believe that they were trying to deal him with the sense of urgency over the winter, because they thought he was damaged goods(wrist), as did other teams seeing that there was no takers.

Wilson can force managements hand by continuing to play well. Ulike when McClendon was our skipper, I don't see Tracy pulling a hot bat out of the lineup and putting him down for nearly a week.

If it wasn't for Kendall blocking his path, he may still have been catching....hmmm?

Leave a comment:

• Pghfan987
    started a topic Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson

See what I mean?

We need his bat in there. Everyday. His two homers fueled the Bucs win tonight. I don't know how we will get him in there every day, I don't know where, but it is the simple truth. I wouldn't be surprised if either he gets traded, or, what is more likely, we trade Burnitz just before the trading deadline if he is being productive, like we did with Kenny Lofton a few years ago.

Give Wilson a full season, 500+ ABs, and I expect 30-35 homers out of him- ideal for a hitter batting 5th in the lineup. Something has to be done. We can't afford to have him sitting on the bench.

Mark

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X