Off with (somebody's) head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off with (somebody's) head!

After the last week of muggings courtesy of the Brewers, even the guys at PTI think something needs to be done about the Pirates.

There comes a point where you have to make changes to "the plan" when the performance reaches this stage. No matter that this year was written off before last year's trade deadline. Examples must be made to show the remaining fans that even in this climate, this is not acceptable.

In short, for the good of the franchise, someone needs to fall on their sword. barring that, a swift knee-jerk firing of either Don Long or Joe Kerrigan (or both) will mollify the base. Knee-jerk it is, but doing nothing will only send the fans further into despair.

Just 2 games in a season of 162. Yeah they were bad, but no indication that "the plan" is not working. We're gonna have some bad games now and then. Not nearly that bad, but bad nonetheless.
    LETS GO BUCS!!

Comment

I read prior to the season that the Bucs would experience some improvement, and might get to .500. Instead, they're playing like the Mets the mid-sixties.

They've got 2 guys playing regularly hitting under .200. Why? In this day and age, I don't see how that can happen, unless the team is truly bereft of talent.

How did they get this bad? This is really beyond me. SOMEONE has got to be responsible.
      "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bear View Post
        I read prior to the season that the Bucs would experience some improvement, and might get to .500. Instead, they're playing like the Mets the mid-sixties.

They've got 2 guys playing regularly hitting under .200. Why? In this day and age, I don't see how that can happen, unless the team is truly bereft of talent.

How did they get this bad? This is really beyond me. SOMEONE has got to be responsible.
        What did anyone expect after last year's trade deadline? They got rid of everyone who made over ML minimum, regardless of whether there were prospects on the way to fill their positions. You can rebuild a team without taking an entire AA-AAA roster and fielding it wholesale. Surely there must have been someone worth retaining or acquiring. Even in the early 80s during Cashen's total ground up rebuild of the Mets, they signed George Foster, reacquired Dave Kingman, etc. to give fans a reason to show up.

Lots of the prospects the Pirates got last year were dubious - less than sure things. I suspect "The Plan" is really just a more stark, no-nonsense version of the Pirates' usual revenue sharing vampire act. Otherwise they would have gotten some help for the ML roster to make the team watchable while the plan ran its course.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Look on the bright side.
          At least you guys aren't the cubs....and I say that as a cub fan.

Comment

The management team continues to make money and the fans continue to pack the stadium for concerts and giveaways. Collective Soul AND Steve Miller were standing room only. So why would they do anything else? Their so called aces are no better than 4th or 5th starters on a decent team. I remain a fan but I may switch to The Yankees. I cant take another horrible year next season. Signing a couple quality arms would be huge.

This may not have been sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X