Honus Wagner- 1910, 1915

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honus Wagner- 1910, 1915

Last edited by JACKIE42; 06-20-2005, 01:30 PM.

Awesome pictures, JACKIE. Thanks!
    "The way to get a ball past (Honus) Wagner is to hit it eight feet over his head." - John McGraw

Comment

Originally posted by Wagner33
      Awesome pictures, JACKIE. Thanks!
      Your welcome, im glad you enjoyed them. I have posted a lot of photo's about Wagner, and the Pirates, check the threads at the forum.

Comment

Comment

Another excellent photo, Jackie!!
          "The way to get a ball past (Honus) Wagner is to hit it eight feet over his head." - John McGraw

Comment

With Ty Cobb- 1910

Comment

Comment

Wagner, Donlin, Clark, O'Toole - Pitts, 1912

Comment

LOL

Good ole Mike Donlin, probably more talented then Honus, but married an actress, got throwin jail one season for assault, left for Hollywood to be an actor, failed came back, had a couple of very good years, got arrested again....ugh

Also Marty O'Toole...biggest bust in Pirate History, for 30 years after, a highly paid over touted prospect who failed was called an "O'Toole"

Comment

Comment

Wow J42, those are some great pictures you are posting. Are they from your collection?
                      "The big thing about (Roberto) Clemente is that he can hit any pitch. I don't mean only strikes. He can hit a ball off his ankles or off his ear." -Hall of Fame pitcher Juan Marichal

Comment

Originally posted by klsm54
                        Wow J42, those are some great pictures you are posting. Are they from your collection?
                        These photo's, I find by searching the INTERNET.

Comment

Okay, I'm new at this thing, but let's see if I can add anything to this, already great, thread.

Here is one of Wagner with John McGraw. I would like to have a transcript of that conversation.

....and how about Honus trying his luck from the left side. This picture is from September 18th, 1908 in the Polo Grounds. The catcher is Roger Breshnahan.
                          "The big thing about (Roberto) Clemente is that he can hit any pitch. I don't mean only strikes. He can hit a ball off his ankles or off his ear." -Hall of Fame pitcher Juan Marichal

Comment

Honus Wagner, a right handed hitter, batting left handed. Hall of Fame catcher Roger Bresnahan is also shown in this photo, making it even more disirable. This photo was shown to SABR (The Society for American Baseball Research), where both Wagner and Bresnahan were identified in the photo. I was informed that Wagner did, on very rare occasions, bat left handed out of frustration, when he was having a particularly bad day at the plate. This is the only known photo of him hitting from the left side. This at bat was captured at the Polo Grounds during a Giants-Pirates game on Sept. 18, 1908.
                            06-02-2004, 01:29 AM
                            JACKIE42
                            Last edited by JACKIE42; 07-02-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKIE42

Uh ......?

This photo shows HW holding the mystic Orb of Power from which his amazing baseball skills derived ... to the left of the picture the alien visitor who bestowed the OoP upon Honus is returning to his interplanetary craft ...

or something ........

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X