X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeatEmBucs
    • Feb 2005

11 in a row...

Ouch. It's been a pretty ugly week, utterly dominated by the Dodgers, and now coming home to face the defending champs....these are the times that try mens souls. Here's hoping the home cooking can result in a win or 2 this week.
    LETS GO BUCS!!
  • Ontarioguy
    Youppi!
    • Aug 2003

When the Bucks are bad, they're really, really bad. It's that month of April and now this streak that have killed their overall record. You take those 2 disaterous runs out of the picture and they have a respectable record.

Young team's growing up...
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• JohnnysGhost
      • Jan 2000

26-51 .338

Ouch,indeed,that record speaks volumes,guess this makes like 14 yrs in a row without sniffing even a .500 record. Take some solace in the fact,that the Braves,run of division titles,is going to end,and a woeful Tiger team has turned it around,so one has to hold out hope:grouchy

Comment

• KCGHOST
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
        You take those 2 disaterous runs out of the picture and they have a respectable record.
        Yeah, but those disastrous runs are why the Bucs and Royals are the Bucs and Royals.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

• skeletor
          King of Macintosh
          • Nov 2004

Bucs and White Sox up NeXT!

Originally posted by JohnnysGhost
          Ouch,indeed,that record speaks volumes,guess this makes like 14 yrs in a row without sniffing even a .500 record. Take some solace in the fact,that the Braves,run of division titles,is going to end,and a woeful Tiger team has turned it around,so one has to hold out hope:grouchy
          Surely, this club is a lot better than the record would suggest...I would have
          sworned that the club under Tracey, would have had a good chance of ending the run of under .500 seasons....God knows what's going thru Tracey's mind
          at the moment...As for the Braves, unless they can stop their total melt down, the Bucs might actually FINISH ahead of the Braves..Unless Cox gets
          the Braves back on line...I wouldn't feel soory for them..14 straight div flags.

any team would love to have that record..
          of course, a few more WS titles --would have been nice !!

As for the Tigers...great to see them almost back..after 12 straight seasons
          of stanking badly...some good trades, a few decent drafts, some FA'S, AND
          HIRING a old school type skipper like LEYLAND , was what Detroit needed..

heck, you fans in Pittsburgh KNOW how good Leyland was-is-etc...

any regrets not hiring him last winter ?

anyhow, here's to hoping the Pirates end their losing streak against our arch rivals the ChiSox....maybe even sweep 'em....that would be grand !

Comment

• zaw
            • Jun 2006

(I'm a tigers guy)
            I don't understand your team; you should be good, sniffing at playoffs.
            I'm starting to think that attitude is ~85% of a teams performance (this is a big deal to me; I'm of a management bent, ie, talent rules all).
            BTW, reasons tigers got good:
            1. rogers
            2. layland (can't spell)
            3. granderson (do)

Comment

• Bucco Fanatic
              The League
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by zaw
              (I'm a tigers guy)
              I don't understand your team; you should be good, sniffing at playoffs.
              I'm starting to think that attitude is ~85% of a teams performance (this is a big deal to me; I'm of a management bent, ie, talent rules all).
              BTW, reasons tigers got good:
              1. rogers
              2. layland (can't spell)
              3. granderson (do)
              well it goes like this...we SHOULD be good. In fact we are better than our record shows (thank God) but the point of the matter is that our pitching staff is too young and dont have veteran know-how to back them up and our ownership/upper management suck. Management throws away money on washed up veterans like Burnitz and Randa. Granted, Burnitz can still go yard often but not as often as Craig Wilson who should have been the starter in RF to begin with (hence, never signing Burnitz). The Nuttings (who own 25% of the team) always cry that they dont have the money and its a small market team, meanwhile, they just bought 7-Springs Ski Resort for hundreds of millions of dollars..........kiss my white @$$.
              "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

• Ontarioguy
                Youppi!
                • Aug 2003

Well Freddy Sanchez ended this dreadful streak this afternoon with a walk off HR in the 9th. He had 4 hits today raising his average to tops in the NL. He sure is fun to see watch develop.
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Imapotato
                  Cynic Philly Phan
                  • Oct 2003

Easy

No pitching outside of Zach Duke, but the defense is average so he has a bad ERA thus far

Perez just blew up...Kip Wells is below average
                  Snell and Maholm are not ready, neither is Gorzelanny

The bullpen is HORRID outside of all people, Roberto Hernandez

Believe me my Phils have the same problem...except we have better hitting talent

BUT

Jack Wilson
                  Jason Bay
                  Juan Castillo
                  Freddy Sanchez is not a bad group of young bats

Believe me in my MLB '06 The Show Franchise, I can't buy a win with these guys....I score 10 runs, they score 12

I score 3 runs they score 4....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X