Talent parishing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent parishing...

As a Padres aficionado, there are a few suggestions I would love to post about this talented, and underachieving team. Top brass needs to consider firing both Andy Green and the G.M. Our current manager fails to make adjustments with the line-up--failing to constantly shift the batting order to accommodate the players where they would help the team best. Are you kidding me? Hosmer batting 2nd, instead of 3rd? We have one of the best lead-off hitters in the majors. J-kowski is having an all-star year, so far. Andy, try to find a batter with speed, who can hit a fastball and who will keep his strikeouts to a minimum to bat 2nd. Bring in more quality veteran bats to placate to kids, G.M. Looking at the news, you brought in an extra arm.

Lauer pitched only 2 1/3 innings yesterday. 3 strikeouts at 69 pitches and on a poor outing. That kid has talent! Many other components of this team has talent, too. Talent that can win a World Series pennant, with a great baseball mind and patience.

Good luck with the remainder of the season, Dads.

Originally posted by kbynes500 View Post
    As a Padres aficionado, there are a few suggestions I would love to post about this talented, and underachieving team. Top brass needs to consider firing both Andy Green and the G.M. Our current manager fails to make adjustments with the line-up--failing to constantly shift the batting order to accommodate the players where they would help the team best. Are you kidding me? Hosmer batting 2nd, instead of 3rd? We have one of the best lead-off hitters in the majors. J-kowski is having an all-star year, so far. Andy, try to find a batter with speed, who can hit a fastball and who will keep his strikeouts to a minimum to bat 2nd. Bring in more quality veteran bats to placate to kids, G.M. Looking at the news, you brought in an extra arm.

Lauer pitched only 2 1/3 innings yesterday. 3 strikeouts at 69 pitches and on a poor outing. That kid has talent! Many other components of this team has talent, too. Talent that can win a World Series pennant, with a great baseball mind and patience.

Good luck with the remainder of the season, Dads.
    I disagree.this team has some talent but is still in the middle of the rebuild, they are currently exactly playing according to their pre season projection (.456 record vs .447 full season projection).

Preller did a mistake a couple years ago selling his farm for veterans to compete but he quickly corrected that by selling off and building an even better farm system. most of the top talent is still in the minors (tatis, gore, urias, espinosa and some others). there are a few promising pieces in the majors already but the bottom half of the roster is still very bad including almost the whole rotation.

This is no guarantee for a sucess and some of the young players need to take a step forward but since preller was allowed a rebuild after his failed attempt he needs to be given time until the current wave of prospects have arrived.

now you could fire green I guess but not sure what the point is when the team is clearly a sub 500 team and realisitically again a top5 pick candidate (especially since there likely will be another sell off of relievers at the deadline).
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X