No hitter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hitter!

Local (El Cajon) boy Joe Musgrave comes home and in his second game as a Padre ends the 52 year wait for the team's first no hitter. He struck out 10 and walked none. The only Texas baserunner was Joey Gallo on a HBP.
    Congratulations Joe and thank you. Now there are none.
    Last edited by dwj21792; 04-12-2021, 08:16 AM.
    27 World Championships
    22 retired numbers
    Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
    Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post
    Local (El Cajon) boy Joe Musgrave comes home and in his . He stru second game as a Padre ends the 52 year wait for the team's first no hitter. He struck out 10 and walked none. The only Texas baserunner was Joey Gallo on a HBP.
    Congratulations Joe and thank you. Now there are none.
    Indeed! Congrats to Joe Musgrave, and congrats to the Padres for making unanimous the teams with no-hitters in their books!

Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Indeed! Congrats to Joe Musgrave, and congrats to the Padres for making unanimous the teams with no-hitters in their books!

Except...The Mets' no-hitter really wasn't. Beltran's line drive was fair, IMO.
      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
        Except...The Mets' no-hitter really wasn't. Beltran's line drive was fair, IMO.
        Oh, I agree, it was fair. Chalk flew up. But there are lots of bad calls in good games. I wonder how many bad calls were made in the other no-hitters in history. The boxscores are what count.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Oh, I agree, it was fair. Chalk flew up. But there are lots of bad calls in good games. I wonder how many bad calls were made in the other no-hitters in history. The boxscores are what count.
          I don't agree. The line drive was visually foul. Loose quicklime (or whatever the foul lines are made of) could easily be kicked up by a 100+mph line drive landing within a few millimeters of it. I'm tired of hearing that ball was fair. It wasn't. The umpire made the right call.

If you want to go down that road, Knight made an error on the ground ball during Gooden's 1 hitter against the Cubs. Which was the only way noted speedster Keith Moreland could have beaten it out. The umpire made the wrong call.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

I don't agree. The line drive was visually foul. Loose quicklime (or whatever the foul lines are made of) could easily be kicked up by a 100+mph line drive landing within a few millimeters of it. I'm tired of hearing that ball was fair. It wasn't. The umpire made the right call.

If you want to go down that road, Knight made an error on the ground ball during Gooden's 1 hitter against the Cubs. Which was the only way noted speedster Keith Moreland could have beaten it out. The umpire made the wrong call.
            I couldn't edit out the video graphics from the screenshot, but this looks to me to be a chalk line that was hit by a baseball. It was not "within a few millimeters of it."

I'm tired of hearing that ball wasn't fair. It was. The umpire made the wrong call.

Screenshot_20210412-210127_YouTube.png .
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X