Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do the away teams stay when they're in San Diego?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the away teams stay when they're in San Diego?

I'll be there this weekend and I'm hoping to get Joe Torre's autograph. Thanks for the info!

I can't answer this for you (and it seems I'm a bit late anyway), but if all else fails, call a bunch of hotels and ask if a player has checked in (someone like Casey Blake, for instance), or ask to be connected to their room. If they aren't at that hotel, they'll say so. If they're there, you'll probably get a "Please hold," and you can hang up as soon as they begin the transfer. That's how I used to always do it when I hounded hotels.
    "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Good traders: bravesautographs, kearns643

Check out my autograph blog!

Comment

How old are you, E.C? 12?

Comment

Got a problem? It's the standard way autograph collectors find out where teams are. I'm just passing along the info, that's all. It doesn't bother the players at all since if you hang up as soon as they try to transfer the call, the phone never rings in the player's room and it gets the info you're looking for.
        Last edited by EmergencyCatcher; 05-20-2010, 02:55 PM.
        "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Comment

Guess you have to be there. Sounds childish to me. But each to their own....

Comment

Gotcha. Like I said, it doesn't bother the players at all since their room phone never actually rings while you get the info you want. It's just a bit of social engineering that works pretty much every time.

If you ask the receptionist if the team is staying at the hotel, you'll get a typical "I can neither confirm nor deny that" response. But if you ask if Casey Blake has checked in yet or to be connected through to his room, they'll usually give you a yes, a no, or a "I'm sorry, I don't have that name in our registry." If it's yes or no, you have your hotel. If it's the latter, you know to try somewhere else.

Or, if you call the day before they're scheduled to get in, the names likely will be in the registry and they'll just tell you they haven't checked in yet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X