X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padres acquire Cameron Maybin

via MLB Trade Rumors:

Code:
    The Padres have acquired Cameron Maybin from the Marlins, according to Tom Krasovic of 
    Fanhouse. Florida will receive relievers Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica in exchange for the 
    center fielder, Krasovic tweets.  The Marlins have announced that the deal is now official.

The deal will provide Maybin with a much needed change of scenery, Jeff Passan of Yahoo 
    Sports writes. The 23-year-old has yet to realize his potential after coming over to the 
    Marlins in the 2007 Miguel Cabrera-Dontrelle Willis trade.  Maybin's performance at the 
    plate was particularly disappointing this season as he hit .234/.302/.361 with eight homers 
    in 322 plate appearances.  His arrival presumably bumps Tony Gwynn from the Padres' 
    starting lineup and makes him an even more likely non-tender candidate.

The 6'6" Webb appears to be the key to the trade, Krasovic tweets.  The right-hander could 
    be a set-up man for the Fish and is not yet arbitration-eligible.  Heading into the 2010 
    season, Baseball America rated Webb as the 24th best prospect in San Diego's system.  
    The 24-year-old has a 94-96 mph fastball with a strong mid-80s curveball, according to the 
    publication.  In 54 big league games this year, Webb registered a 2.90 ERA with 6.7 K/9 
    and 2.9 BB/9.

Meanwhile, Mujica is arbitration eligible for the first time this winter.  The 26-year-old 
    hurler turned in a 3.62 ERA with 9.3 K/9 and 0.8 BB/9 across 59 games this year.
    sigpic
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Wow, how ironic... from a Mets perspective.

It may not be that big a moment for Padres fans, but while a member of the Padres, Jody Gerut got the very first hit in the history of Citi Field... a home run, to boot.

With the acquisition of Cameron Maybin, the Padres now have the other side of the coin - as a Marlin, Maybin made the final putout in the history of Shea Stadium, catching Ryan Church's fly out to centerfield.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

As a Marlins fan, he could be dangerous if he just could learn to hit .275 hitter because of his speed and athleticism

Comment

I still wonder about his potential since the Tigers got rid of him so quick.
        sigpic

"If I hear Bowie Kuhn say just once more he's doing something for the betterment of baseball, I'm going to throw-up.">Sparky Anderson
        MLB/Rockies/Yankees, Backer

Comment

He would tear it up one week and then look like a little leaguer at the plate the next week and was easy to pitch too. Like I said, if he can just hit .270-.275 with a few walks, he'll be dangerous because of his speed and he plays a good center fielder with an occasional mental lapse.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X