New Road and Camo Uniforms for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Road and Camo Uniforms for 2011

The Padres have unveiled their new uniforms for the 2011 season.

The sand coloured road jerseys are now a more traditional grey while the camouflage jerseys have changed to a digital MARPAT design as a nod to the Marines.

Pics and articles here.

Thoughts on the new designs?
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

My opinions on them was that I think that the grey is a step backwards. I much prefer the sand jerseys they have worn for the last little while.
    Meanwhile, I must say I like the camo uniforms. I have never been a fan of the execution of the jerseys (I am a fan of the sentiment behind them), these are definately an improvement over the previous.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Have to say, the road uni shirt is a step up. (I'm a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms). If they they can tone down the lettering accross the jersey, or put interlocking the SD on the left side, it would be nice. Keep the Camo uniforms for Sunday, then everything would be alright in my corner of the world.

Comment

I always hated those sand colored unis. I understand why they chose that color, but to me, they always looked kind of strange. The new road blues are better, but now they look boring. I've always liked the camo unis, this change will be a nice refreshing of the idea.
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

I've always liked the Padres as a team, but to me they always had the two worst unis in baseball (sand and camo). I'm not so much a traditionalist that I thought they should wear gray on the road, I just thought the sands were visually unappealing. I like the sentiment of wearing the camo, but the old style was hideous, and the new style is right up there with them! When only factoring in visual appeal, they are the worst unis in baseball.

Comment

I'm sorry, the camos are a bad look. I understand the sentiment behind them, I know there are huge Navy and Marine bases around San Diego, but as a baseball uniform, those are terrible. The Padres continue their time-honroed tradition of having the worst uniforms in baseball, a tradition that goes all the way back to the rotten banana unis of the early 70's.
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

At least the SD cams look better than the Cincinnati camo uni's they've worn.
              RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

The camos are hideous. As for the new uniforms, they aren't great looking, but at least they are still a step up from the old days when everyone looked like Taco Bell cashiers.

Comment

Bring back the brown and yellow of the seventies. I always thought they were cool and very unique. Didn't like the '84 version when they added orange. Right now their uniforms are too similar to Milwaukee and Tampa Bay.

Comment

Why not adopt something like the AAA Padres uniform for the big club in San Diego?

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X