Now it's your turn San Diego!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon all,

Still waiting patiently for that elusive Padre no-hitter or Cycle...
    Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

The Pirates AJ Burnett pitched a helluva game against the Cardinals last night, perfect into the 6th (hit Descalso in the foot) and then Carlos Beltran broke it up on the 7th with a 2B. This time the ump couldn't screw it up and call it foul, as it was in the gap of R/CF. Immediately, the Cardinals announcers began talking about how Carlos also broke up Santana's no hitter* last year. Oops.

Talk about a need for more replay. Galarraga lost a perfect game that he did pitch due to an ump, and Santana was given a no hitter he did not pitch, due to an ump again.

I'd like to see a Padre pitcher get it done. I'd also like to see a Mets pitcher pitch one that is truly a no hitter.
      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
        The Pirates AJ Burnett pitched a helluva game against the Cardinals last night, perfect into the 6th (hit Descalso in the foot) and then Carlos Beltran broke it up on the 7th with a 2B. This time the ump couldn't screw it up and call it foul, as it was in the gap of R/CF. Immediately, the Cardinals announcers began talking about how Carlos also broke up Santana's no hitter* last year. Oops.

Talk about a need for more replay. Galarraga lost a perfect game that he did pitch due to an ump, and Santana was given a no hitter he did not pitch, due to an ump again.

I'd like to see a Padre pitcher get it done. I'd also like to see a Mets pitcher pitch one that is truly a no hitter.
        As happy as I was about the so called Santana No-hitter, it was the Dickey game the following week where two Wright miscues cost Dickey what should have been the first of two perfect games in one day. The ole scoop of his buddy BJ Upton in the first should have been easily fielded not called an error, and the 9th inning throw into the stands. Oh Wright... SMDH!
        Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck The Mets Fan! View Post
          As happy as I was about the so called Santana No-hitter, it was the Dickey game the following week where two Wright miscues cost Dickey what should have been the first of two perfect games in one day. The ole scoop of his buddy BJ Upton in the first should have been easily fielded not called an error, and the 9th inning throw into the stands. Oh Wright... SMDH!
          I didn't see that game, but I remember thinking how cool it would be for a knuckleballer to toss a perfect game when they were talking about the next day on ESPN! Imagine that! A guy with the most ridiculous pitch almost had a perfect game!
          "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

��Fingers crossed!!!!
            Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

Almost got one today.
              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

At least you guys got the elusive cycle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X