2B: Roberto Alomar, Bip Roberts
    3B: Chase Headley, Ken Caminiti
    SS: Ozzie Smith, Garry Templeton
    LF: Gene Richards
    CF: Kevin McReynolds
    RF: Tony Gwynn, Dave Winfield, Brian Giles
    SP: Jake Peavy, Andy Ashby, Randy Jones, Andy Benes, Eric Show
    RP: Trevor Hoffman, Mark Davis, Heath Bell, Scott Linebrink, Mike Adams

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Padres players were together in their Padres prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be well above average with a dominating bullpen. The lineup would be among the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 105 wins should be possible.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

I struggle to ignore Benny Santiago at catcher. Sure his time was short. But that rookie year was one for the books and defensively he was head and shoulders above the rest.
    Because so many of the Padres best didn't last long with them,I might consider "one year wonders" amust here. Vaughn Mcgriff, Finley, Perry, just to name a few. Nevin was another who was consistent for a number of years.
    27 World Championships
    22 retired numbers
    Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
    Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

Very solid list. Think you could have squeezed Phil Nevin and Ryan Klesko though.
      "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
      George Brett

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X