Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we even bother?

TO THE GIANTS FANS, AND GIANTS FANS ALONE, ON BBF:

I don't know about you guys, but it annoys me so much to see all of the Barry-haters badmouthing him and not calming down and listening to reason (at least that's the way I see it). Do any of you have any suggestions for dealing with those posts? Maybe try to ignore them or something?
    sigpic

Originally posted by giantsalltheway16

I don't know about you guys, but it annoys me so much to see all of the Barry-haters badmouthing him and not calming down and listening to reason (at least that's the way I see it). Do any of you have any suggestions for dealing with those posts? Maybe try to ignore them or something?
    Let the idiots be idiots. They don't have any clue as to what logic and evidence is. I just ignore them because it's not worth my time.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Every now and then I feel compelled to respond to a few of the more idiotic comments about Barry, but on the whole, it's a waste of time since nobody is going to change their mind.

What's interesting to me is how ignorant people are about Barry, particulary how he is as a teammate. Setting aside Jeff Kent (ask his Dodger teammates about him), Barry seems to get along pretty well with his teammates. Heck, even Pierzinski seemed to like Barry. But time and again we read posts about what a cancer he is. People seem to get their info just from SI and sportstalk radio.

This isn't to say that Barry's a saint. Some of the bad press he gets he deserves, other's (Like Rick Reilly's) he doesn't.

So for the most part, I just shrug it off.

KH14
      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Ok, thanks. I guess I wsa just overly annoyed after reading different posts that I decided to start this thread. I seem to like the ignoring thing.
        sigpic

Comment

what i try to do is address misinformation.
          i have, though, been known to occasionally get sucked into um, a discussion of more than just that. :o
          Last edited by west coast orange and black; 01-11-2006, 01:14 PM.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by giantsalltheway16

Yeah ignore them. I will go into the yahoo baseball room and people will see my name and call me names that I cant mentiion here for I will get banned, lol. And without saying a word they do that. I take it for what they are Haters. Any one would love to have him on their team. And if people say no they are lying. Now that its getting to be 2006 yankee fans are hoping to get bonds on their team before he retires, and 3 years ago they said no way. Just goes to show ya how peoples attitude change if they think they have a possiblity of getting him, no matter how far fetched.
            "Yes, he offended everyone in the Bay Area."
            --Giants manager Felipe Alou, when reminded that A.J. Pierzynski is a more offensive catcher than the defensive-minded Mike Matheny (Sacramento Bee)
            :gt

Comment

one miliion flies cant be wrong guys,face it even in this day and age people with VALUES still "hate" cheaters and liars . I think its great,it shows me theres still hope for society yet. Cmon you want evidence? Are you in denial about the B4 and after pics as well? the swelling head {LITERALLY}. You guys are giants fans, baseball is a passionate fans game, its understandable, but for cryin out loud jump out at look at yourselves, the guys a cheat and you condone him as the greatest? that makes him the greatest cheat and thats all. PLEASE PEOPLE Im a card fan and i loved watching big mac hit the ball a mile but I know he did it with roids and would NEVER have that success without it. REALITY,try some.
              Last edited by west coast orange and black; 01-11-2006, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I was about to post something, well, inciting, but I realized that it wouldn't do any good. Very few people listen to the other side of the argument.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wogdoggy
                  one miliion flies cant be wrong guys,face it even in this day and age people with VALUES still "hate" cheaters and liars .I think its great,it shows me theres still hope for society yet.Cmon you want evidence? Are you in denial about the B4 and after pics as well? the swelling head {LITERALLY}.You guys are giants fans,baseball is a passionate fans game,its understandable,but for cryin out loud jump out at look at yourselves,the guys a cheat and you condone him as the greatest? that makes him the greatest cheat and thats all.PLEASE PEOPLE Im a card fan and i loved watching big mac hit the ball a mile but I know he did it with roids and would NEVER have that success without it.REALITY,try some.
                  This is classic example of just plain fallacious thinking. Can you give actual evidence that his head has enlarged? I mean real evidence not just your "opinion". Mearly making assertions is not evidence You argument is a flawed argument. It's called "appealing to popularity".

"Everyone knows so-and-so cheated, therefore he cheated.....

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/bandwagn.html
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

ok it feels good to know big mac never cheated now,thanks for removing all doubt.lay down with dogs wake up with fleas.balco being the dog,although he never tested positive only a real "FAN" can sit there and deny.WAKE UP.

Comment

Yeah, just shrug those type of posts off. Just ignore it all. It's worked up to this point hasn't it.

Comment

Honus Wagner Rules: Can you give actual evidence that his head has enlarged?

while bonds still wears the same hat size that he did while at university, his head is larger... but not because of human growth use.

one of the myths of growth hormone is that it makes bones grow longer or larger.
                        it doesn't. at least not in post-pubescent humans.
                        sustained use of large amounts of growth hormone will cause bone density and affect one's mandible and other facial features. (look at arnold schwarzeneggar in his early 20s: extra-protruding brow, gapped teeth, extenbded jawline).

it is quite normal and in fact expected that the occipitalis and frontalis gain size when the neck and shoulder are put through rigorous exercise. this causes the look of an enlarged head.
                        but the perception that bonds' head has grown dramatically larger is just that -- a perception. the fact that his skin is dark and also is smooth (shaved head) adds much to the illusion of a dramatically enlarged head.
                        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

wogdoggy: lay down with dogs wake up with fleas. balco being the dog...

is it your claim that all athletes who used balco products are dirty?
                          if yes, the federal government investigators disagree with you.
                          if no, what is it that you actually meant to write?

there is fact, and then there is fiction...

Comment

which takes us to quite a few incorrect notions that Sultan_1895-1948 has about growth hormone, steroids - specifically "the clear" and "the cream", balco, bonds, the federal investigation, the federal grand jury, and its findings.

Comment

bondsgirrrl: Yeah ignore them.

rather than ignore, i use facts on 'em.
                              while facts do not exonerate any player suspected of drug use, they do pop myth bubbles and correct the misinformation. not stop it, of course, but correct it.
                              sometimes, some people continue to use misinformation no matter what factual evidence is presented.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X