an mlb.com writer touts "the big four" of the giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an mlb.com writer touts "the big four" of the giants

"The following is the first in a series of weekly stories on MLB.com examining each Major League club, position by position.

"Today: Starting rotation.

"Schmidt remains the ace, but now there's also a reliable king in the rotation deck with the signing of veteran Matt Morris to a three-year deal.

"Suddenly, the staff is way better, and there's already an affinity between Schmidt and Morris, as the latter has averaged 14.25 wins the past four seasons and also altered his style to accommodate a weaker, career-wearying arm."
    -rich draper, mlb.com

here is the story on the starting rotation of the giants.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

"the big four" has got to be draper's own moniker, as it is waaaaay premature to tout the giant starters this way.

i think that the final sentences of the story tell it all:
    "Considering the starters finished 12th in the NL with a 4.52 ERA in 2005 and tied for sixth worst with a .265 opponents' batting average, the only way to go is onward and upward.

"That should be the case for the Giants' rotation in 2006."
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

here are the rivals

the arizona diamondbacks

the san diego padres

the colorado rockies

Comment

oh yeah, i forgot. the hated dodgers

Comment

You don't hate them cause they have a predictable climate do you?:noidea

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black

The who I have never heard of them
            The countdown to 755 begins

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X