Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it time for the Giants to change uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it time for the Giants to change uniforms?

The Giants have had the current uniform since 1994. I like it but I think it's time for a change. what do you guys think?
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

I happen to really like the uni's now, especially the home one. However I'd like to see the names on the back.

I'd be open to a change in the road uni, I happen to like the one from the mid-80's, so something akin to that would be fine by me.

But on the whole I'm more that satisfied. If it ain't broke....
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

I actually really like the current uniforms, but a change could be nice. But honestly there no reason for a change.
      Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan
        I actually really like the current uniforms, but a change could be nice. But honestly there no reason for a change.
        Is there ever a good reason to change uniforms?
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I think there are times when change is necessary. Say when a teams fan base does not like the uniforms, it may be time for a change. Or if a uniforn is found as unapealing in general is reason enough for change.
          Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

I actually like both uniforms. The home one did change when Da Jints moved into TCP in 2000. They changed it from a white to a cream jersey. I remember an article about the change during spring training that year. Jeff Kent hated them. I like them.

No need for change right now.

Unless, of course, they bring back the orange jerseys!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
              Is there ever a good reason to change uniforms?
              Under certain circumstances I'd say yes. The teams that don't have classic jerseys like the Yanks, Tigers, Cards have a bit more leeway in establishing new uniforms. Say for example the the D-Rays got sold, but were staying in Tampa. New uni's would tie in with the change of ownership and the new direction the team was headed. But if the Boss ever sold the Yanks there would be rioting in the streets if the new people wanted to change anything about the Yanks uni's.

We are so used to getting hosed as fans by the teams changing jerseys merely to expand their revenue streams that we've accepted this abuse as part of the price we pay. But it could be worse. Because of the arrival of David Beckham in LA, the Los Angeles Galaxy will once again be changing their uni's and colors. This makes the 6th change in the 10 years the team has been in existance. Ay yi yi...
              “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

wags: The Giants have had the current uniform since 1994.
                one night buck said that the white unis made the players look "like refigerators".
                the present-day cream jersey was introduced when the new yard opened.

the giants have had several classy/classic looks over the years.
                i expect that the next change will occur the season after bonds leaves.
                "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

ken: I'd like to see the names on the back.
                  aargh!
                  that would defeat the whole early-50s look, man.
                  "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                    aargh!
                    I think the pants down below the ankles do that well enough.

Comment

touché, elvis

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis
                        I think the pants down below the ankles do that well enough.
                        I HATE that look!!!! :grouchy Real ballplayers have high stirups!

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
                          I HATE that look!!!! :grouchy Real ballplayers have high stirups!

Amen brother. This is how it's stylin.

Comment

With all due respect to Mays, Stretch was the King of the high stirrup look!

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                              aargh!
                              You are right of course, but I miss the names.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X