Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it time for the Giants to change uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dravecky43
    Unless, of course, they bring back the orange jerseys!
    Oh please, Lord, no -- anything but that.

Comment

Are you saying that a team that's Jerseys haven't been "updated" in 10 years should be modified (Red Sox, Yankees...) ?

Comment

happy birthday, ken
        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
          happy birthday, ken

Thanks Tony! It was a great birthday!
          “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

actually the giants have only had the same uni's since 2000. they not only changed to cream but they also added the gold and the patch.

Comment

and i actually like em how they are

Comment

Seeing '24' and '44' back out in a Giants uniform would be the best change, but that's history and not likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dravecky43 View Post
                  Unless, of course, they bring back the orange jerseys!
                  Yes! Great memories of my childhood!

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.o...f&Entryid=1419
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

they should make these home alternate...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsrule View Post

they should make these home alternate...

Somehow, I don't even think the Ripper would want that to happen!
                      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

^^
                        that orange went out with the artificial surface at the stick.
                        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

how come they stopped wearin these?

Comment

at first those black jersies were worn for every friday night game, then during friday night home games only.
                            (images of bonds in black cracking 'em out on his way to 73 are easy to spot.)

why the alternate jersey thing was halted, i dunno.
                            i kinda miss it.

Comment

I liked their road grays with the interlocking SF they wore in the 80s and 90s.
                              "Sandy into his windup. Here's the pitch! Swung on and missed! A perfect game!"- Vin Scully, September 9, 1965

Comment

I guess I'm just a classicist, but I like the uniforms just the way they are. Aside from a few modest changes, they look an awful lot like the uniforms the Giants wore in New York when they won two pennants and a World Championship in the fifties, and when they won their first pennant in San Francisco in '62. If I remember correctly, they wore that home uniform style from 1950 to 1972.

I think it was Willie Mays's suggestion to change the home uniforms from white to cream, and it just looks more pleasing to my eye, I guess.

I remember back in 2002 when the Giants honored Bobby Thomson and the rest of the '51 team for a belated 50th anniversary celebration. They were playing the Dodgers that day, and Jason Schmidt was pitching for the Giants. After the first or second inning,he complained that the sleeve on the retro jersey felt too tight, and he went in to the clubhouse and changed into his current jersey. (lol)

The Dodgers COULD have called him on it for being out of uniform, but the two jerseys looked so similar that they didn't.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X