kruk + kuip inked for 5-year extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kruk + kuip inked for 5-year extensions

"Mike Krukow, who pitched seven seasons (1983-89) for the Giants, is heading into his 16th year as one of the team's broadcasters. He said that even with his long history with the organization, "I never take it for granted that I'm going to be asked back.

"Duane Kuiper, who spent the final four years (1982-85) of his 11-year big-league career with the Giants, is beginning his 21st season calling Giants games."
    -steve kroner, sf chronicle, monday, 13 february 2006

here is the complete article
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
    "Mike Krukow, who pitched seven seasons (1983-89) for the Giants, is heading into his 16th year as one of the team's broadcasters. He said that even with his long history with the organization, "I never take it for granted that I'm going to be asked back.

"Duane Kuiper, who spent the final four years (1982-85) of his 11-year big-league career with the Giants, is beginning his 21st season calling Giants games."
    -steve kroner, sf chronicle, monday, 13 february 2006

here is the complete article
    "Take some pine, MEAT!"

"It's deep, It's far! It's OUTTA HERE!!!"
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

yeah, those two are a riot at times.

good to see that they plan on stickin' around for a while.

who around here misses joe angel?
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
        who around here misses joe angel?
        Eh, he wasn't THAT bad. Had to think for a sec each time I heard him to figure out if it was Angel or Miller. Which, of course, is why the Giants did not return Angel after one season.
        sigpic

Comment

if you could not distinguish angel and miller... your radio needs a tune-up.

Comment

He hits it high...He hits it deep...and he hits it...OUTTA HERE!"
            Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

One of my regrets about living in LA is not being able to hear Kruk and Kuip on a regular basis. They are really good, funny, entertaining, and informative. So it's no surprise to me that they got the extension. Well deserved.

KH14
              “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Man, after reading this post, I can't wait to hear Kuip with his call of the game and for the season to start.
                You know it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X