2018 San Francisco Giants regular season thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 San Francisco Giants regular season thread

Well, Here we go again with the new season.

A month ago I was pretty happy about the way season was shaping up....then Bum, the Shark and Melancon all get hurt! No Bueno

Anyway, here's hoping for a great season
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Ha! Great win tonight. Blach beats Kershaw again! And the bullpen goes 4 scoreless innings
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Blach was good enough yesterday. Kershaw made one mistake pitch and it cost him the game. Panik got good wood on that fastball. The Giants bullpen was outstanding. The Giants are in first place!
      Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 03-30-2018, 09:01 AM.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

The Giants looked pitiful the last two games being being outscored 14-0. The Giants have scored just 2 runs in four games. Both on solo home runs by Joe Panik.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

...and then the bats wake up with 4 homers in today's rout of the Mariners. Go Figure

Comment

And the Giants scored 10 runs, mostly against Felix Hernandez. Like you said, KH, go figure.

Comment

The Giants win tonight beating the D-Backs, 5-4. On a bad note Johnny Cueto is on the DL!

Comment

So, with Bum, Cueto and the Shark all on the DL....if I was Blach and Stratton I wouldn't go near any ladders or black cats

Comment

Granted the Padres as terrible but the Giants had a nice 7-0 last night allowing just one hit to the Padres.

Comment

A couple of thoughts after the first couple of weeks

The Giants bullpen stinks. Especially Osich who frankly needs to be DFA'd At least Strickland seems OK as the closer.

I think the hitting will come around. This team will hit more HR's and score more runs than last year. Frankly they need to score more because the pitching will allow more

At this point 81 wins seems realistic, and if they play well 87. But the pen is going to lose them a lot of games I'm afraid

Comment

And just like that the Giants lost 3 of 4 to the Pades! Tyler Beede is useless at this point.

Comment

Brandon Belt is on fire! Home runs in four straight games! And he had the longest recorded AB ever. A 21 pitch AB is crazy!

Comment

Has Bochy found a new pitching star?
                          3 up 3 down. All done in 2 minutes 27 seconds.
                          Go Panda
                          27 World Championships
                          22 retired numbers
                          Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
                          Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

The Giants took 3 of 4 from the Dodgers over the weekend. The Giants are now back to .500 at 14-14 W-L.

The bad news is that both Mac Williamson and Joe Panik are on the DL. Panik has an injured thumb and may need surgery.

Brandon Belt so far has been the Giants best hitter. He's hitting .317/.424/.610, 184 OPS+. Those are crazy number so far. If he were to end up with a 184 OPS+ that would be the third highest OPS+ by a Giants first baseman in franchise history. In 1946 Johnny Mize had a 186 OPS+ and in 1969 Willie McCovey had a 209 OPS+.

Comment

What has gotten into Brandon Belt?! He's hitting like a prime Willie McCovey! Belt LEADS the NL in OPS+ and WAR! Belt is hitting .313/.413/.594, 175 OPS+.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X