2018 San Francisco Giants regular season thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    What has gotten into Brandon Belt?! He's hitting like a prime Willie McCovey! Belt LEADS the NL in OPS+ and WAR! Belt is hitting .313/.413/.594, 175 OPS+.
    Might we be finally seeing the hitter we always thought he could be?
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post

Might we be finally seeing the hitter we always thought he could be?
      I know for a lot of Giants fans it's been a test of patience. Belt has certainly been a productive major league hitter but when he reached the majors we all thought he was going to be our Paul Goldschmidt. Belt destroyed minor league pitching in 2010 hitting .352/.455/.620 across three minor league levels. I thought the Giants had another Will Clark on their hands. But it's great seeing Belt finally putting it together. He should easly be an All-Star but he could be left out because of the glut of NL first basemen and the silly rule that every team needs one All-Star.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

This is the first year I've been actively taking in the results of each game and I have to say, I'm disappointed. It's pretty even in wins and losses so far I just hope it's early enough that it doesn't affect anything later so we can get a shot into the WS.

Comment

Just when it seems the Giants season was going to crumble they get hot. On May 29th the Giants were 25-30 W-L with a -52 run differential. Since then the Giants have won 7 or 8 and their run differential is now -27.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

And the hits just keep on coming. Strickland blows the save last night...and then goes mental and punches a wall and breaks his hand!! 6-8 weeks out. I hate it when players hurt their team like this because of a lost game. This was Strickland's big chance to be the closer we all thought he could be. And great closers all blow a save now and again. But the best come right back after a bad beat and shut down the next team. Rivera was like that and so was Eckersley. Moron
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

And the hits just keep on coming. Now Cueto and the Panda are done for the season. Sheesh

Comment

Biggest series of the season....Bum vs. Kershaw.....and I can't watch any of it Greedy bastids at TimeWarner still can't make a deal with Directv so a huge chunk of the southland is blacked out. This is a 5 yr old problem if you can believe it

Comment

The Giants don't seem to have the overall talent to get Bruce Bochy's lifetime managerial record back over .500. (61--63 this year; 1914-1918, career, .4994 = .499 winning percentage, through August 18.).

Comment

So much for thinking the Giants would finish with a .500 record.

Comment

This has been a disappointing season. I'm not that surprised with their record. They had a decent team on paper at the start of the season but everyone had to play well for the Giants to be a contender. But all the injuries ruined that. The Giants have a long hard road to get back to being a legit playoff contender.
                      Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 09-18-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X