X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHenry14
    started a topic 2018 San Francisco Giants regular season thread

2018 San Francisco Giants regular season thread

Well, Here we go again with the new season.

A month ago I was pretty happy about the way season was shaping up....then Bum, the Shark and Melancon all get hurt! No Bueno

Anyway, here's hoping for a great season

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    This has been a disappointing season. I'm not that surprised with their record. They had a decent team on paper at the start of the season but everyone had to play well for the Giants to be a contender. But all the injuries ruined that. The Giants have a long hard road to get back to being a legit playoff contender.
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 09-18-2018, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KHenry14
    replied
    So much for thinking the Giants would finish with a .500 record.

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    replied
    The Giants don't seem to have the overall talent to get Bruce Bochy's lifetime managerial record back over .500. (61--63 this year; 1914-1918, career, .4994 = .499 winning percentage, through August 18.).

Leave a comment:

• KHenry14
    replied
    Biggest series of the season....Bum vs. Kershaw.....and I can't watch any of it Greedy bastids at TimeWarner still can't make a deal with Directv so a huge chunk of the southland is blacked out. This is a 5 yr old problem if you can believe it

Leave a comment:

• KHenry14
    replied
    And the hits just keep on coming. Now Cueto and the Panda are done for the season. Sheesh

Leave a comment:

• KHenry14
    replied
    And the hits just keep on coming. Strickland blows the save last night...and then goes mental and punches a wall and breaks his hand!! 6-8 weeks out. I hate it when players hurt their team like this because of a lost game. This was Strickland's big chance to be the closer we all thought he could be. And great closers all blow a save now and again. But the best come right back after a bad beat and shut down the next team. Rivera was like that and so was Eckersley. Moron

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Just when it seems the Giants season was going to crumble they get hot. On May 29th the Giants were 25-30 W-L with a -52 run differential. Since then the Giants have won 7 or 8 and their run differential is now -27.

Leave a comment:

• Chattery
    replied
    This is the first year I've been actively taking in the results of each game and I have to say, I'm disappointed. It's pretty even in wins and losses so far I just hope it's early enough that it doesn't affect anything later so we can get a shot into the WS.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post

Might we be finally seeing the hitter we always thought he could be?
    I know for a lot of Giants fans it's been a test of patience. Belt has certainly been a productive major league hitter but when he reached the majors we all thought he was going to be our Paul Goldschmidt. Belt destroyed minor league pitching in 2010 hitting .352/.455/.620 across three minor league levels. I thought the Giants had another Will Clark on their hands. But it's great seeing Belt finally putting it together. He should easly be an All-Star but he could be left out because of the glut of NL first basemen and the silly rule that every team needs one All-Star.

Leave a comment:

• KHenry14
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    What has gotten into Brandon Belt?! He's hitting like a prime Willie McCovey! Belt LEADS the NL in OPS+ and WAR! Belt is hitting .313/.413/.594, 175 OPS+.
    Might we be finally seeing the hitter we always thought he could be?

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    What has gotten into Brandon Belt?! He's hitting like a prime Willie McCovey! Belt LEADS the NL in OPS+ and WAR! Belt is hitting .313/.413/.594, 175 OPS+.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    The Giants took 3 of 4 from the Dodgers over the weekend. The Giants are now back to .500 at 14-14 W-L.

The bad news is that both Mac Williamson and Joe Panik are on the DL. Panik has an injured thumb and may need surgery.

Brandon Belt so far has been the Giants best hitter. He's hitting .317/.424/.610, 184 OPS+. Those are crazy number so far. If he were to end up with a 184 OPS+ that would be the third highest OPS+ by a Giants first baseman in franchise history. In 1946 Johnny Mize had a 186 OPS+ and in 1969 Willie McCovey had a 209 OPS+.

Leave a comment:

• dwj21792
    replied
    Has Bochy found a new pitching star?
    3 up 3 down. All done in 2 minutes 27 seconds.
    Go Panda

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Brandon Belt is on fire! Home runs in four straight games! And he had the longest recorded AB ever. A 21 pitch AB is crazy!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X