Buster Posey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster Posey

I'm glad to see the Giants climbing up over .500 again, but I'm a little worried about Buster Posey and his lack of production. After last night's game he was hitting .284 with just 5 home runs and 26 RBI's. His home runs have gone down quite a bit in the last few years and it looks like he's on a pace for 10 home runs and 52 or so RBI's. It's OK when you're hitting .320 like he did last year, but .280ish? Just doesn't seem like him.

A lot of you see him more on a day to day basis than I do, living on the East Coast, but I'm hoping he doesn't morph into Joe Mauer 2.0 with eight home runs and fifty RBI's a year.

Please tell me I'm overreacting and he'll be back well over .300 at year's end.

I'd say you're slightly over reacting. Buster loses some power to ATT park (53hr vs 80ish lifetime), although he's hit much better at home this year. I was guessing he was getting close to the 1200 or so games caught that usually is the end point for most catchers. The Giants protect Buster in this regard a bunch, he's at 845 games.....throw out 2011 when he was hurt, and he's around 110 games caught. It's hard to find a catcher without 1-2 years with some odd numbers just due to the injuries they play through. He's 31, which is around the time most players are into their decline phase, historically. He's a great player, but it's really hard to say. I think it's just an off year away from ATT, and that's what's dragging his season down some.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X