Joey Bart era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Bart era begins

Giants #2 overall pick Joey Bart is killing it in Salem-Kaizer. He's homered in 4 straight games and six out of his last 7 games. Kid was in line to get to San Jose next year, looking like he'll get there a LOT sooner than that.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Bart is crushing the ball. My one concern is that in 13 games he has 14 K's and just 2 walks so far. But he has time to work on that. I'm hoping he can reach the majors by the end of 2019 or early 2020.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

KH,

I know Bart is only in rookie ball and he's only played about 3 weeks but, man, he is pounding the ball! And he hasn't struck out in his last six games. And he has 3 walks in those 6 games! I'm very excited. I wonder if the Giants management will be aggressive and promote him to Augusta soon?
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

He's got a 1.169 OPS....so yeah, he ought to be at Augusta
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Kid is on a 6 game hit streak, hitting .351 over his last 10 games.

Comment

Bart is now hitting .346/.395/.750 in 25 games for Salem Keizer!

Comment

And Joey has a teammate killing it too....Diego Rincones is .359/.381/.545 .926 OPS 7hr 30rbi But Wags you wont like his 23k 4bb line.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                KH,

I know Bart is only in rookie ball and he's only played about 3 weeks but, man, he is pounding the ball! And he hasn't struck out in his last six games. And he has 3 walks in those 6 games! I'm very excited. I wonder if the Giants management will be aggressive and promote him to Augusta soon?
                yes, he's on a roll. It's exciting to see him play.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X