This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 San Francisco Giants Offseason

Ok, the Giants finished with a disappointing 73-89 W-L which included a 5-21 W-L record in September, the worst month in franchise history. Where do the Giants go from here? The Giants fired Bobby Evans as GM and they are now looking for a new GM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

IMO, this will be the most important offseason in many years. Not only the hiring of the new GM, but there are many decisions to be made about players. Pence, Belt, Panik, even MadBum all have questions that need to be answered.

Clearly (at least to me) it is time to reset the team. There is some hope, as some of the kids show promise, and the team needs to nurture them. So other than Crawford and Buster (aint trading them) the team needs a do-over. Lets get started.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

I've always been a big Brandon Belt supporter but it may be time to trade him and get the best prospects possible. But, Belt's trade value is probably down right now due to his season ending surgery. Plus, he'll be 31 next season.

And I agree about the prospects. None of the guys who came up this season are really star material but I think a few of them can be developed into productive regulars. That's important going forward. Develop them into productive players and add a star player to lead them. That could be Joey Bart. Bart can really rake though he still needs time. I think Bart will start 2019 at San Jose. Heliot Ramos was just ok in 2018 but he's so young and he got rave reviews from scouts. But Ramos is probably 3 years away. I can't see Ramos reaching SF until 2021 at the earliest.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Looks like no rebuild this offseason.

https://www.mccoveychronicles.com/20...ben-cherington

Comment

So it looks like the Giants are really serious about getting Bryce Harper. He's going to be expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
            So it looks like the Giants are really serious about getting Bryce Harper. He's going to be expensive.
            What's really weird is evidently the Padres have called both Harper and Machado. What are the odds that either sign there?
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Giants manager Bruce Bochy announced today that he will retire at the end of the 2019 season. Baseball’s longest-tenured skipper, Bochy is entering his 13th season as the Giants’ manager. In that time, he’s overseen three World Series championships (2010, 2012 and 2014) and helped guide the Giants to a 979-965 record.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...fter-2019.html
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X