Hunter Strickland issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Strickland issue

When the Giants cut Strickland, I admit to being a bit curious as to why. Well, Andrew Baggarly tweeted this out today:
    More

Some folks asking me today about SF's decision to non-tender Strickland. He did a dipwad thing and defied both his Hall of Fame manager and his former MVP catcher to settle a personal score. And that was before he put himself on the DL by punching a wall.

We all knew he is a hot head, but stuff like this makes it clear why they let him go. What a tool...
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Dude, When Buster Posey tells you not to do something you don't do it! That probably explains why when Strickland beaned Bryce Harper, Buster just stood there at home plate. At the time I thought that was very strange because I had never before seen a catcher not defend his pitcher in such a situation. Usually the catcher is out there tackling the batter.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X