Deadline deals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline deals...

Well, Giants did move people out of the bullpen. And from where I sit, they made some great deals.

1) Melancon to Braves for Winkler and Beck. Confirmed is the Braves taking all of Melancon's remaining contract, which is a great deal

2) Dyson to the Twins for RHP Berroa, OF Jaylin Davis (who's killing it in Rochester), And RHP Kai-wei Teng

3) Black and Pomeranz to Brewers for big time 2B prospect Mauricio Dubon

I really like what they've done here
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Each individual trade was a solid but all together the haul was outstanding. I really like Mauricio Dubon. I hope he replaces Joe Panik.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

LOL Since going to Sacto Jaylin Davis is hitting .571!

BTW, anybody aware of this kid Seth Corry down in Augusta? Kid has won 8 straight 1.71 ERA, 1.04 WHIP Kid was very wild early in his career, but through good coaching and a motion adjustment, the kid is dealin. I will be watching to see if he can keep it up.
      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

And Jaylin Davis had a 3 HR game too last night!

Comment

I think the deals were great but I also feel they should have dealt Smith and bumgarner too.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
            I think the deals were great but I also feel they should have dealt Smith and bumgarner too.
            Its likely that the Giants were lowballed in any offers for those guys. Can't blame them for passing on these trades. Besides, now the team will get draft picks if they lose Bum in FA

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post

Its likely that the Giants were lowballed in any offers for those guys. Can't blame them for passing on these trades. Besides, now the team will get draft picks if they lose Bum in FA
              That's what was written in the press. Also, MadBum is just young enough to be part of the next Giants legit run at t he postseason (say 2021) the Giants could resign him. I think a 3-4 year deal is fair.
              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X