San Francisco Giants 2020 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco Giants 2020 Season thread

Well, Opening Day is finally upon us. Surprisingly, I feel pretty good about the team. Not that they'll make the playoffs, but that they will be competitive. Here we go...
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Well. Mike Yastrzemski is killing it again. 3-5 tonight including a walk off homer. .409 and an OPS of 1.273 so far. Me likey!
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

I sure wish Mike Yastrzemski was 4-5 years younger.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Good grief, Trevor Gott blows three saves in the most incredible way. As infuriating as his performance was....I still feel a bit sorry for him getting humiliated like that.

Comment

And just like that the Giants have won six straight games. What a strange season.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Gotta say i'm very surprised about how much the team is hitting and scoring runs...especially at home. Still some issues on defense and in the pen. But overall not bad so far.

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
              Gotta say i'm very surprised about how much the team is hitting and scoring runs...especially at home. Still some issues on defense and in the pen. But overall not bad so far.
              It's crazy to think if the pen hadn't blown those three 9th inning leads the Giants would now be 17-13 W-L. Even at 14-16 W-L they have a shot to make the expanded playoffs. I think 32 wins will qualify for the playoffs. That means going 18-12 W-L the rest of the way. That's a tall order for sure. But the young guys are stepping up. Joey Bart looks like he belongs. Really all I care for this season is to see progress.

Comment

Last night's victory was one for the ages! 4 comebacks in one game. Belt crushing a game tying dinger off of Jantzen, coming back in extras, and then Donnie Barrels with the walkoff! i'm worn out!

Comment

KH, this has been a interesting Giants season for sure. What has gotten into Brandon Belt?!!! He's hitting like 1969 Willie McCovey! A 202 OPS+?! Are you serious? The Giants actually have a shot at making the playoffs. I think 31-32 wins will make the playoffs. So if the Giants can go 11-8 W-L they are in.

Comment

This young team has guts. Time and again they comeback and win games. However, Yaz getting hurt doesn't help. But ya hafta love the plucky nature of this team.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X