San Francisco Giants 2020 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dominik View Post
    Should the giants try to trade yas? He is really good but he also is 30 and most giants prospects 1-2 years away. Will he still be good in 2 years? Or should the giants try to get a couple prospects for him.
    I doubt teams will trade top prospects for a 30 year old with essentially one full season of plate appearances. Yaz simply doesn't have a long of enough track record of sustained success to warrant top prospects in return.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
      Yeah I think it depends on the return. Trading him for a couple fringe prospects is not worth it imo but if you get offered a top50 overall prospect and a lotto ticket type of young prospect I would do it.

But teams likely won't offer that so you better keep him, maybe if he has a strong first half again next year a team might bite because it seems more real at that point.
      ​​
      If Yaz is still pounding the ball next June and the Giants are out of it and another contending team is struggling to score runs and they need "one more bat" I can see Yaz getting lots of interest.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
        Well, I doubt you'd get prospects that would be worth trading him. Plus, he was our best player and a team leader. Tough to replace that
        One thing that Zaidi has shown he is good at is that he really knows how find value on the waiver wire and from other teams' discarded former prospects.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X