• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering my standards

It used to be "Lets go all the way!"

Then it went to "Keep it interesting through September."

Last year was "When 756?"

Now...its "Keep the games kind of close."

at least I got 3 hours of entertainment last night....

Don't get down. Lincecum will pitch well tonight, just like Cain did last night. The Giants will not win the World Series this year, obviously, but you have to build a foundation. The Giants made a terrible mistake letting the team crumble around their old left fielder and they will have to take a few lumps this year. It was a good game last night and there will be many others this year. I think the organization is committed to doing it right this time and are looking 3 years down the road. The worst thing you can do is change philosophies half way. The Marlins are terrible some years but they keep building up prospects and collect a Series every 8 to 10 years. That aint so bad.
    sigpic

Comment

I totally agree, that was a fun game last night, if the young pitching can keep it tight and once they start benching the old slow guys, it can be be a fun team to follow.

Close losses are more interesting than beatdowns; and in a season when you have no hope of making it to the post-season a "crushing" one run loss is just not that psychically painful.

Hehehe I guess I'm basically saying its a 162 game spring training session .....hopefully with some fun spoiler opportunities in september.

Comment

aaarg, i totally agree that it was a fun game to watch. but you will not convince molina or yabu that a one-run loss is not difficult to take.
        watching it on the tube last night, both were still in the dugout long after everyone else left.
        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun Shuba View Post
          Don't get down. Lincecum will pitch well tonight, just like Cain did last night. The Giants will not win the World Series this year, obviously, but you have to build a foundation. The Giants made a terrible mistake letting the team crumble around their old left fielder and they will have to take a few lumps this year. It was a good game last night and there will be many others this year. I think the organization is committed to doing it right this time and are looking 3 years down the road. The worst thing you can do is change philosophies half way. The Marlins are terrible some years but they keep building up prospects and collect a Series every 8 to 10 years. That aint so bad.
          And don't forget trading away Francisco Liriano!
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

That looked like a real bad deal for awhile. Now, I am not so sure if Liriano will ever come back from Tommy John surgery.
            I am getting pumped up for the game tonight!! I hope Velez plays. I want to see him crack a triple tonight and use his cheetah-like speed!
            sigpic

Comment

Looking at the bright spots... (call me Pollyana)

Didn't Taschner look great coming in and getting a big strikeout?

Cain was very impressive, his high pitch count seemed to be due to all the foul balls the Bums got. But they couldn't do anything with him.

Rowand is what we expected. the guy competes and gets his bat on the ball.
              “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

^^
                taschner's k was huge! it was definitely a bright spot, ken.
                "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Lets hope our young pitchers pitch well to keep us in these games like Cain did on Tues and Lincecum did last nite. Becuse we need to play small ball and have good pitching to win games this year, and start playing the kids more instead of Aurilla and Durham

Comment

You know, I might be crazy but I think the Giants young staff could be the envy of the majors in a year or 2. If they can lock up Cain, Sanchez and Lincecum to contacts then they are set. Of course, the cubs felt the same way a few years ago but I like what I see.

Brew Crew is tough, believe it or not, so 2 out 3 this weekend would be awesome.
                    sigpic

Comment

pretty sure

^^
                      bmc is signed through 2010, with a club option for 2011.

linceum is signed through 2011.

sanchez has a 1-year deal with the giants.

Comment

That's good news. I think they locked up the two best ones and we will see about Sanchez. I wasn't so impressed yesterday.
                        Those pesky Brewers!!! Alright, one out of three will have to do. Please Zito!!
                        Please!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, at least it will be nice to see the 1958 team honored at the home opener Monday. I remember talking to Johnny Antonelli last year about the 2007 team and I told him they were only a player and a pitcher from winning it all- the player was Willie Mays and the pitcher was him. He seemed to get a laugh out of that.

"Frank- you're not a Lutheran?"

Comment

The hitless wonders strike again! Two shutouts in 6 games, 12 runs in 54 innings,and team batting average .232 this is going to be a looooooong year!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X