• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHenry14
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    I love to watch him pitch.
    Me too Wags. Over/under on a no-hitter from him is two years! I mean it's been a long time since the Count threw his, Cain is the guy who's going to break the 32 year drought.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
    True Wags, no doubt if he doesn't get hurt he'll cash in big time in a couple of years.

But ya gotta know that the kid wants to win and win bad. It's gotta be incredibly frustrating to throw like he did and once again get no help.
    I know Cain is very competitive. I hope he keeps his head focused on the long term future. I love to watch him pitch.

Leave a comment:

• quick99
    replied
    I think the cost might not have been as bad as most think.

Leave a comment:

• Shotgun Shuba
    replied
    The more I thought about my statement I agree it's not fair. I can't blame Bonds, I blame the Giants management for putting the record(and all that came with it) above winning. Bonds would account for more offense this year, but at what cost? I think the cost would be delaying the inevitable. The Giants need to be really bad in order to get great. I would rather take it all at once.

Leave a comment:

• quick99
    replied
    I really don't think you can blame a player for the way the Giants are right now. With the other Barry in the lineup, there was at least hope and some excitement, even if they were not in the pennant race.

Leave a comment:

• Shotgun Shuba
    replied
    I don't think so, even with Bonds the Giants were a poor team. I think that they should have let Bonds go 3 or 4 years ago. It is because of his salary and the focus on "all Barry, all the time" that the Giants are in this mess. I know he is beloved by many, generated a lot of excitement and almost brought SF its first World Series but if there is one player to blame for what we are about to witness this year it is Bonds. The Giants are not scoring any runs but I really think they should ride this out, sign a stud free agent over the winter and be patient. The Zito deal is sickening but we just have to accept it and find some use for him. Middle relief.... something.

Leave a comment:

• quick99
    replied
    Wonder if the Giants pitchers are starting to miss the other Barry right about now???

Leave a comment:

• KHenry14
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Let's not be too sorry for him. He's a young man with a bright future and will get paid tons of dough to play a game for the next 18 years.
    True Wags, no doubt if he doesn't get hurt he'll cash in big time in a couple of years.

But ya gotta know that the kid wants to win and win bad. It's gotta be incredibly frustrating to throw like he did and once again get no help.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Let's not be too sorry for him. He's a young man with a bright future and will get paid tons of dough to play a game for the next 18 years.

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    i feel for big man cain. i really do.
    i wonder hoe close he is to expecting that his performance will go for naught?

Leave a comment:

• KHenry14
    started a topic BMC let down again

BMC let down again

All Matt Cain does is pitch great and get no run support. Last night he was terrific, and once again, his hitters couldn't get the job done.

Ya can't help but feel sorry for the guy....

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X