looking for a bright spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a bright spot

so last night my buddy chris asked, “so what do you think was the highlight of the game - castillo’s out-of-body play at second early in the game?

i thought for a moment. “nah. i’m going with doc roberts going out to play left in the top of the ninth.”

“uh, why?”

“’cause when he went in to left, fred lewis went from left to center, moving velez from center to second, which moved castillo from there to third, which moved richie to first, which sent john bowker into the dugout.”

sometimes that’s just the way games go.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
    ... "when he went in to left, fred lewis went from left to center, moving velez from center to second, which moved castillo from there to third, which moved richie to first, which sent john bowker into the dugout.”
    ....who lived in the house that Jack built.
    Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

^^
      hahaha!
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

in yesterday's 7-2 loss, fred lewis got 4 hits off randy johnson, the first time ever that a lefty got 4 hits in one game off him.

in the first inning, just as johnson rocked back during his delivery, one of the boats in the cove sounded its horn. johnson kinda paused, but actually continued his motion and delivered a floating eephus-type pitch that was called a strike on lewis, who had stepped out of the box when he saw johnson pause.
        it was kinda funny.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X