X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Bonds

You need to leave him alone until they prove him using steroids

No We Don't

No We Don't. MLB is not a court of law and as such "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply nor should it factor in. Even though the circumstantial evidence has grown that Bonds probably commited felony violations of U.S. Drug laws, no one is putting him on trial and he is under no threat of jail, at least right now, or of any other meaningful strict punishment. Meanwhile U.S. citizens enjoy constitutionally guaranteed right of free speech which makes it fine and proper, based on all the ever mounting circumstantial evidence, for anyone who chooses to excersize the opinion that Bonds abused Steroids and other PEDs. None of these opinions is unlawfully hurting Bonds nor putting his freedom in jeopardy, let alone his MLB career. Bottom-line is Bonds has brought all of this on himself-period. If the vast amount of documentation in the recent book is all fallacious then it will be a simple matter for Bonds to gain legal remedy through U.S. courts through suit. However, I wouldn't hold one's breath waiting for that to happen as there is zero chance the authors would have dared write, and the publishers print and distribute, a book against a rich and powefrul man like Bonds that they couldn't 100 percent back up in court with evidence. Bonds fans have every right to support their hero and the rest of the public has every right to feel that Bonds is guilty. Also the HOF writers have every right to keep Bonds out if they choose to do so. The HOF is not a constitution guaranteed birthright.

Comment

I agree with everything you said. Now just grow up and let everything take its course. You can say what you want. HOF can vote how they want etc. But a couple recent straw polls have shown that the voters will probably let him in. The fact is, steroids or not, he's the greatest player of his generation. The steroids that he allegedly took may have allowed him to heal faster and have more stamina during the long season but open your eyes and look at this swing. It's perfect. Perfect. I will say that again. He has a perfect swing. Best power stroke I have ever seen and that doesn't come from steroids.
      Bonds will break Ruth's record unless something outlandish happens. Don't cry about it.

Comment

Geez...Another Barry Bonds debate. We can't have enough of those, huh.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I think we should start projecting days he'll play.

vs. Padres;
          the 3rd and 4th, taking the 5th off so he can play home opener against Braves

vs. Braves
          the 6th, the 7th, taking the 8th off (day game after night), the 9th
          but, he might skip the 7th and play the 8th and 9th as day is much warmer than night in SF.

What do you think?

Comment

why isnt there an asterisk in the thread title?

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
              Geez...Another Barry Bonds debate. We can't have enough of those, huh.
              If I had a penny for every time a see a new bonds debate:radio
              "Yes, he offended everyone in the Bay Area."
              --Giants manager Felipe Alou, when reminded that A.J. Pierzynski is a more offensive catcher than the defensive-minded Mike Matheny (Sacramento Bee)
              :gt

Comment

I know. I know. I'm sorry to get pulled into it. Talking about Barry Bonds is like talking about politics while at the bar. You can't convice the other person so you just talk louder than them.

Jonny zips his mouth shut.

Comment

Rowe: I think we should start projecting days he'll play.

doing so and being correct would be about as easy as getting bonds in a dress (!!) so have at it, dude.

seriously, more challenging would be to predict the games that bonds will start. part of the game plan for the giants is for bonds to have some early exits in games that the giants are winning, and also in games where bonds has already had 4 at-bats. that way, he would have a much better chance of starting the following game, even if it is a day game after a night game.

of course, match-ups and schedule are factors, but bonds is expected to pinch-hit in the late innings in games that he does not start.

this season the giants are going to be as creative as possible with the big fella to get him as many at-bats as possible.
                  "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

What the amount of games Barry plays underscores is how important Steve Finley and the 5th outfielder will be. Fin will get a lot of PT as will Ellison/Linden et al, and their production will be a key component of a successful Giants season.

KH14
                    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14
                      What the amount of games Barry plays underscores is how important Steve Finley and the 5th outfielder will be. Fin will get a lot of PT as will Ellison/Linden et al, and their production will be a key component of a successful Giants season.

KH14

Guessing 350 PA's for Finley is optimal. Assume he'll start in Bonds place 40 games, in Alou's 25, in Winn's 8 and also come in late innings for Alou and Bonds.

Ellison is a lock for the roster per Draper, but it's kind of hollow because it's doubtful he'll do anything but come in late innings.

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                        but bonds is expected to pinch-hit in the late innings in games that he does not start.
                        This is the one thing he has not been good at, see the retrosheet splits:
                        http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/Jbondb0010.htm

Note these splits are missing the bases loaded IBB.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout805
                          why isnt there an asterisk in the thread title?
                          a yankee fan saying that you forget about sheffield and giambi?
                          "Yes, he offended everyone in the Bay Area."
                          --Giants manager Felipe Alou, when reminded that A.J. Pierzynski is a more offensive catcher than the defensive-minded Mike Matheny (Sacramento Bee)
                          :gt

Comment

Originally posted by bondsgirrrl
                            a yankee fan saying that you forget about sheffield and giambi?
                            Indeed, Sheffield and Giambi did both use steroids. Giambi at least had the guts to (sort of) admit it. But neither of them have been spending the last five years talking about how they're the "greatest left handed hitter" of all time. Giambi did steroids, got embaressed, apologized, and left it at that. Bonds did steroids, bragged about how he took Ruth's slugging record, would soon take his home run record, and then we wouldn't be able to talk about him any more.

Plus, at least Sheffield and Giambi don't play for a team of carpetbagger johnny-come-latelies who haven't even been in their city for fifty years.
                            "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

response 1.

dude, you wanna pop off on bonds for whatever reasons, go ahead, be our guest.
                              just keep it corraled in the non-giants fora.

to come in here and pop off on the san francisco giants is really bad form.
                              and you certainly know better.

queue up all the gm of teams that have not been playing in their cities for 50 years and them shove 'em all into the pacific if it would make you happy. but then what would the schedule of the mighty mighty yankees look like then?

sheesh.
                              Last edited by west coast orange and black; 03-29-2006, 11:06 PM.
                              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X