X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan tosses syringe near Bonds

that fan should be arrested for that..

for more info, go here
    Last edited by west coast orange and black; 04-04-2006, 07:16 AM.

This should not happen...I live in Italy and many times I saw episodes of fans stupidity at soccer games. Opposite team fans that try to kill each other, various objects into the field and many other things and I don't like that.

Comment

The fan tossed a piece of plastic onto the field.

What exactly would the charge be, littering?

Would you be as upset if it was a beach ball or is it because of what the syringe represents?
      Last edited by runningshoes; 04-04-2006, 06:02 AM.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

the piece of plastic was a needleless syringe.
        but, no matter -- throwing any object onto the field of play warrants getting tossed out of the park and getting arrested. obstructing the game by impeding a fair ball while in play oughtta result in same, i think.
        an announcement is made before start of play at all 30 parks giving a warning of being removed and paying a fine.

i can not believe how anyone with good sense could find a way to condone this behavior.
        say it ain't so!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by west coast orange and black; 04-04-2006, 07:18 AM.
        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

You don't throw stuff on the field, period. It is stupid and dangerous.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Barry looks like he's thinking about catching it.

Maybe he thought it was evidence.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

black is white; up is down.

that's bonds tossing the syringe away.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                black is white; up is down.

that's bonds tossing the syringe away.
                Doesn't matter what it is; it's what it looks like that gets the laugh.
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

"Doesn't matter what it is"

classic.
                  a spin-off of "what does the truth matter?"

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                    "Doesn't matter what it is"

classic.
                    a spin-off of "what does the truth matter?"

It's a goof, Tony.

Everyone knows what it.

No one in thier right mind thinks he's trying to catch evidence.

God, I hate explaining jokes.

And before you go saying it's not funny.....beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
                    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

what is amusing to me is that you think that i am always serious.
                      actually, i am most serious when i am not.

Comment

Jesse Jackson even made a comment about it, i guess he is on Barry Bonds' side. The guy who threw that object should be arrested.

Comment

It was a pretty class-less act, but we shouldn't take things overboard here. If a fan hits the beach ball onto the field, is he arrested? It's about what the plastic represents that everyone has a problem with, not his safety.

If they kicked out everyone who threw anything onto the field in the teens and 20's, they'd be playing in front of the peanut vendor and a batboy by the 9th inning, lol

Comment

Are you seriously comparing baseball now to the teens and 20s? If it was that era, Bonds wouldn't be playing in the majors because of his race. Baseball has changed from then. Tossing a syringe onto the field is stupid. I don't understand why you would coondone throwing something onto the field.
                            When Bonds hits number 715, feel free to throw it back.

Comment

Syringe and Barroid

Sure it didn't happen in New York? So-called fans do stupid things at games.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X