No announcement yet.

2009 this 'n that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aurilia has had a tough time of it, ken.
    i think that when the giants' firstbase situation is cemented aurilia will exit.

sidenote: was aurilia's double last night his 300th career two-bagger?
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

as of today:

32 of the big men's last 62 hits have come with 2 outs
      - and -
      they have recorded 24 of their last 29 rbi with 2 down.
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

this is how the scoring has occurred by innings thus far this season:

..........1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9....x.. total
        giants...24..18..14..21..22..20..21..32...9....5.. .182
        opp......18..16..13..18..26..22..22..22...27...3.. .185

that 9th innings has been a doozy for the big men!
        Last edited by west coast orange and black; 05-30-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

the big men currently have the 6th fewest errors and have the 6th-best fielding percentage in the league:

.991 phillies - 19e / 2126tc
          .989 pirates - 24e / 2223tc
          .989 hated dodgers - 25e / 2272tc
          .988 astros - 27e / 2182tc
          .987 padres - 28e / 2187tc
          .986 giants - 29e / 2097tc)

Comment

nate schierholtz has 8 pinch-hits thus far, sharing the league lead with mark loretta and matt stairs.

Comment

ouch

opponents have been successful in 38 of 45 (84.4%) stolen base attempts
              against jonathan sanchez, on the hill today for the road wrap-up.
              that is the highest avg. against active left-handers (min. 30 steals against).

Comment

though the giants are batting an outstanding .280 as a team from the 7th inning on (2nd in league to the hated dodgers), they have been outscored 90 - 89.

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                  though the giants are batting an outstanding .280 as a team from the 7th inning on (2nd in league to the hated dodgers), they have been outscored 90 - 89.
                  Sounds like a hitting w/RISP issue.
                  “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

^
                    yeah, ken. that and not putting hits together to form a rally... which leads to the risp situation.

Comment

All of a sudden Panda Bear is second in the NL in hitting with a .338 BA. As recently as June 4th he was hitting only .301. Panda is having a huge June. It's good to see his quick development. Can he make it as an All-Star this next month?
                      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

With the possible exception of David Wright, show me a third baseman who deserves it more.

Pablo better be an all-star.
                        San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
                          With the possible exception of David Wright, show me a third baseman who deserves it more.

Pablo better be an all-star.
                          Hey, no argument from me, bro! If Panda can make the All-Star team he will the first Giants position player developed by the Giants to be an All-Star since Matt Williams in 1996. Giants managment can take a well deserved bow for developing Panda. (Hey KHenry14, see, Im giving Sabean some credit!)
                          Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 06-22-2009, 06:13 PM.
                          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I'm a little stunned too Wags. You could tell last year that the kid could hit, but I didn't think he'd do this well.

I keep thinking that someone is going to find a hole in his swing, but that hasn't happened yet.
                            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                              I'm a little stunned too Wags. You could tell last year that the kid could hit, but I didn't think he'd do this well.

I keep thinking that someone is going to find a hole in his swing, but that hasn't happened yet.
                              No one really found a hole in Roberto Clemente's or Vlad Guerrero's swing did they? Not saying Panda will be that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                                Hey, no argument from me, bro! If Panda can make the All-Star team he will the first Giants position player developed by the Giants to be an All-Star since Matt Williams in 1996. Giants managment can take a well deserved bow for developing Panda. (Hey KHenry14, see, Im giving Sabean some credit!)
                                Technically, Williams was the last position player developed by the Giants to appear in an all-star game as a Giant. Royce Clayton was an all-star for St. Louis in '97.
                                San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X