• Show
Clear All

the giants are currently tops in team strikeouts:

561 giants
    555 marlins
    548 red sox
    548 yankees
    547 hated dodgers
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

brian wilson is currently tied for most saves for the season:

20 brian wilson, giants
      20 heath bell, padres
      20 brian fuentes, angels
      20 francisco rodriguez, mets
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

the lowest bullpen era of the league belongs to the big men - 3.39 era (75er, 199.0ip)

Comment

the giants have the best record in the majors (31-6) when scoring first

Comment

highest batting averages in national league since 11 may (min 70 pa)

.396 david wright, mets
            .378 pablo sandoval, giants
            .370 casey mcgehee, brewers
            .354 brian mccann, braves
            .354 brandon moss, pirates
            .344 travis ishikawa, giants

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
              Technically, Williams was the last position player developed by the Giants to appear in an all-star game as a Giant. Royce Clayton was an all-star for St. Louis in '97.
              Ok.
              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                highest batting averages in national league since 11 may (min 70 pa)

.396 david wright, mets
                .378 pablo sandoval, giants
                .370 casey mcgehee, brewers
                .354 brian mccann, braves
                .354 brandon moss, pirates
                .344 travis ishikawa, giants
                Give Ishi a chance!
                San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

most home runs thus far in june:

12 albert pujols, cardinals
                  8 russell branyan, mariners
                  8 andre ethier, the hated dodgers
                  8 jason kubel, twins
                  and
                  8 pablo sandoval, giants

Comment

top five highest batting averages thus far for june:

.414 (41-99) ichiro suzuki, mariners
                    .405 (34-84) pablo sandoval, giants
                    .400 (26-65) casey mcgehee, brewers
                    .400 (18-45) delwyn young, pirates
                    .387 (29-75) scott rolen, blue jays

Comment

the giants minor league teams have collectively posted a 189-141 record this season.
                      the combined winning percentage (.573) currently ranks tops of all 30 ballclubs.

Comment

ryan sadowski makes his major league debut today against the brewers, replacing jonathan sanchez's spot in the rotation.
                        (sanchez has been moved into the bullpen.)

the giants become the 30th team this season to use a sixth starter.

Comment

most home runs thus far in june:

12 albert pujols, cardinals
                          8 russell branyan, mariners
                          8 andre ethier, the hated dodgers
                          8 jason kubel, twins
                          and
                          8 pablo sandoval, giants
                          Panda's second one yesterday was ridiculous. Kid golfed a low and in slider than nobody but maybe Vlad would have swung at!

I didn't expect him to hit for this much power. I just hope he stays within himself and not start going for the big fly all the time.
                          “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

ryan sadowski makes his major league debut today against the brewers, replacing jonathan sanchez's spot in the rotation.
                            (sanchez has been moved into the bullpen.)

the giants become the 30th team this season to use a sixth starter.
                            hallelujah

I dont care who is the replacement

sanchez had to take a breather

FINALLY!
                            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                            3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd rather see them send Sanchez to the minors to work as a starter.
                              San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Typical Sanchez, he walks the first guy, then strikes out the side in the 9th!
                                “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X