Bengie, Buster or both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengie, Buster or both?

Bengie Molina's contract runs out at the end of this season. Would you prefer to re-sign him for a year or two and keep Buster Posey in the minors? How about not bringing Molina back and giving the job to Posey at the beginning of next season? Or have Molina to teach Posey in the bigs and give Posey the job full-time at some point?
    Molina and a no-name backup
    11.11%
    Posey and a no-name backup
    11.11%
    Molina and Posey
    77.78%
    Two catchers not named Bengie or Buster
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

I'd rather see Molina signed to a one-year extension, though he's going to want more playing time than I'd be willing to gaurantee him. Then again, Posey's no sure thing to make the opening day roster next year either.
    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
      I'd rather see Molina signed to a one-year extension, though he's going to want more playing time than I'd be willing to gaurantee him. Then again, Posey's no sure thing to make the opening day roster next year either.
      I agree; Buster is doing well offensively though.
      "There's no crying in Baseball!"
      -...unless your son throws a no-no for the Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by hallzee View Post
        I agree; Buster is doing well offensively though.
        Nevertheless, he's untested at the ML level.

Then again, did anyone see Molina lumbering around third tonight? He looked like a candidate for The Biggest Loser. Man he's getting beefy 'round the middle.
        San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Then again, did anyone see Molina lumbering around third tonight? He looked like a candidate for The Biggest Loser. Man he's getting beefy 'round the middle.
          He's had that belly flap since the beginning of the seasonn.

HE SCORED FROM SECOND! Break out the band dude!

Comment

Originally posted by CandlestickBum View Post
            He's had that belly flap since the beginning of the seasonn.

HE SCORED FROM SECOND! Break out the band dude!
            I missed the game tonight, I had to work and have yet to see the replays... I'm assuming the ball went into triples alley if Bengie scored from second!

Comment

^
              molina chugged around on the 2-out knock.
              less than 2 out and he stays put at third.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                ^
                molina chugged around on the 2-out knock.
                less than 2 out and he stays put at third.
                He was leaking oil... And the suspension almost gave out in that tight curve!

Comment

That's one of those "of course" answers. Batting .295 or higher at AAA means almost nothing once a guy faces ML pitching.

But behind the dish (and at first base for that matter), I'm willing to give up a few BA points for great defense.

Not to hijack the thread into a Garko debate, but give me Ishi at first base every game.

Comment

Does anyone had actual evidence that Posey's defense is poor? I've seen Posey play and he struck me as someone with quick feet and a great thowing arm. He's close to beign ready for the majors.

Also, Benji has made it clear that he wants to be a starter in 2010 and doesn't want to be a "mentor" and a backup.
                    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Do not expect Buster Posey to wear a Giants uniform in 2009. Amid word that Posey will play for Team USA in the biennial baseball World Cup in September, Giants general manager Brian Sabean said he had no plans to promote last year's first-round draft pick when rosters expand, anyway.

"He just got out of college last year. There's no rush," Sabean said. "He'll be totally evaluated at the end of the year. Let's let him get through this year."

Posey struggled early in his call-up to Triple-A Fresno but has raised his average to .289 with four homers, 14 RBIs and a .917 OPS in 83 at-bats
                      Word in some scouting circles has Posey behind defensively. Sabean disputed that, saying, "He's way, way ahead of most catchers as the position goes. He's doing great. He's doing above average, as far as we're concerned, in all phases behind the plate."
                      -henry schulman, san francisco chronicle staff writer, tuesday, 18 august 2009
                      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

wags: Also, Benji has made it clear...

dude, it's bengie.
                        bengie bengie bengie bengie.:gt

Comment

wags: Also, Benji has made it clear...

dude, it's bengie.
                          bengie bengie bengie bengie.:gt
                          Good one WCOB!
                          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

after today we could use a good laugh.

Comment

Do not expect Buster Posey to wear a Giants uniform in 2009. Amid word that Posey will play for Team USA in the biennial baseball World Cup in September, Giants general manager Brian Sabean said he had no plans to promote last year's first-round draft pick when rosters expand, anyway.

"He just got out of college last year. There's no rush," Sabean said. "He'll be totally evaluated at the end of the year. Let's let him get through this year."

Posey struggled early in his call-up to Triple-A Fresno but has raised his average to .289 with four homers, 14 RBIs and a .917 OPS in 83 at-bats
                              Word in some scouting circles has Posey behind defensively. Sabean disputed that, saying, "He's way, way ahead of most catchers as the position goes. He's doing great. He's doing above average, as far as we're concerned, in all phases behind the plate."
                              -henry schulman, san francisco chronicle staff writer, tuesday, 18 august 2009
                              Yeah, Sabean's words were a downer. No Posey in '09. What can it possibly hurt to give Posey 25-30 ABs in September? Fresno's season ends on September 7th.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X